Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Way to Bulk Delete Enterprise Roles ?

Srikanth
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I am looking for methods to bulk delete the enterprise roles (via file upload) which are no more needed (roles created in dev or test environment, etc)

I have checked the options available in role upload via UI, could not find anything to delete the role as such, there are options for removing entitlements or child roles. Using the role delete button is an option, but I have got some 1000+ roles which are unwanted now. Other option I see is to write a custom query and update name, displayname and status of role which I do not prefer to use.

Apprecaite any inputs in this matter.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Srikanth Upload Role Via Role Management optio,.While importing, you can create a new security system, endpoint, business process, child role, parent role, entitlement type, entitlement value, role owner, and role users. You can also delete existing parent-child roles, role entitlement, role business process, role owner, and role users if it exists.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Srikanth
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Manu,

but there is no option to delete the role (we do not have any child roles) itself either via upload role via role management or upload role associations.

Srikanth_0-1701784684604.png

Srikanth_1-1701784744368.png

Hi @Srikanth 

Right now there is no way to Bulk delete of roles, only via csv file is to make the status inactive of the roles you want to soft delete.

Or you can use the custom query job to make the status as inactive and append the name to delete using the role key

ex: SELECT R.ROLEKEY AS ROLES__PRIMARYKEY, CONCAT(R.ROLE_NAME,'-DELETED') AS ROLES__ROLE_NAME,'0' as ROLES__STATUS FROM ROLES R WHERE R.rolekey='1'

Thanks

Darshan

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Srikanth  As i mentioned there is no way to bulk delete a role and only option is  delete existing parent-child roles.

The only option is inactivate them

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Since this is admin activities this are available options

• Import sheet from admin bulk 
  • Role Management - Manage role - individual 
  • Enhanced Query Job
  • sav4sav - Role import xml - you can update some roles custom property and using role import rename the role and mark status as inactive 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.