Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User Update Rule to trigger user manager certification when the end date of the user is 8 days away.

Deepanshu27
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create a user update rule that triggers a certification when the end date of the user is 8 days away, but the rule is unable to launch a certification campaign even though all other actions like "send an email notification" or "deprovision tasks" are getting created.

Below is the screenshot of the rule created.

Deepanshu27_0-1676555750524.png

On clicking preview we can see one user is matching the condition created:

Deepanshu27_1-1676555817757.png

Campaign is configured for the above shown user for testing purposes:

Deepanshu27_2-1676556058314.png

But no certification is getting launched while the other actions like deprovisioning is working.

Deepanshu27_3-1676556213619.png

(Remove Account Task got created)

Kindly provide any inputs to solve the issue currently i am triggering the rule by updating the end date of the user from UI itself for testing purposes.

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

8 REPLIES 8

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Would you be able to share a sample log file to help you troubleshoot this behaviour, following a sample test ?

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

PFA the logs.

You can navigate to the certification by searching "Testing UAT"

sk
All-Star
All-Star

I see you are launching certification for same endpoint where you are already triggering deprovision access(Account & Access). For testing purpose I would suggest to remove Deprovision Access action from trigger and only keep launch certification and see if it is triggering

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Deepanshu27
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tested with certification only as well it did not work

What is the attribute you opted to identify as Manager is it Manager or Secondary Manager. Does the user have respective manager assigned accordingly?

Also in your campaign screenshot I don't see details about configuration, What configurations you opted? 

sk_0-1676559286511.png

Did you check if there is any global configurations that are overriding the campaign configurations?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Deepanshu27
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, the manager is assigned to the user.

Below are the remaining configuration of the campaign.

Deepanshu27_0-1676559748308.png

Deepanshu27_2-1676559810951.pngDeepanshu27_3-1676559847693.pngDeepanshu27_4-1676559877630.pngDeepanshu27_5-1676559908853.pngDeepanshu27_6-1676559933969.png

palashgupta06
New Contributor
New Contributor

try running Launch Certification from Rule Job (LaunchCertificationFromRuleJob)  manually once the rulerun has completed and see if the campaign is created

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Deepanshu27 ,

You need to run "Launch Certification From Rule Job" after rule is triggered.

Regards,

Paddy

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂