Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User update rule for future actions

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Can we create a user update rule, which should create a disable account task 10days after user is disabled?.

I have used condition something like users ststuskey=0, And action as Disable user accounts, execute on 7 days(example). But Its creating disable account task today only.

please let me know if there's any other way to do it.

7 REPLIES 7

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

@Saviynt_learner even though task is created today, it will be processed on the 7th day itself. You can check this in the arstasks table. use the below query. 

select taskkey,startdate from arstasks where taskkey=<taskkey>

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thanks for the response @naveenss , @pmahalle , @dgandhi , but in my case both startdate and taskdate are same i.e today. instead of future date

Can you pls share the rule configurations?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Screenshot 2023-07-26 115314.png

@Saviynt_learner the configurations looks good.  Seems to be a bug. Please raise a Freshdesk ticket for Saviynt to debug further. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Saviynt_learner ,

Task would be executed on 10th day, if you provided "execute on 10 day" in update rule, even though task is created today. If executed on 10th day in rule not worked, then you can use below approach for the same.

Create detective update rule and use below condition in it with Action Disable Account. Make sure to schedule detective rule run job everyday.

(datediff(curdate(), a.enddate)=10)

Assuming enddate having the date on which user is disabled in Saviynt.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Try below config.

dgandhi_0-1690314168272.png

It will create task on same day but the task will be processed on day 7.

You can confirm that with below query

select taskkey,startdate from arstasks where taskkey=<taskkey>
Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.