Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User update entitlement ownership transfer email template

LNguyen
New Contributor
New Contributor
hi we are implementing entitlement ownership transfer from terminated user to the user's manager via user update rule which triggers reassignment of the ownership to the user's manager.  We need to have an email sent to the manager with list of all entitlements that was transferred.

Does anyone have a good email template that I can use?

To: user's manager

Content: 

"Dear <user's manager>,
 This is to inform you that you have been assigned as entitlement owner of the below entitlements which was owned by your previous direct report <terminated user name> who is no longer with the company.

Entitlement 1
Entitlement 2
Entitlement n

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

    Ownership Transfer     

Do not reply as this mailbox is not monitored

Ownership Transfer

WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS?

SSM has received a request to immediately transfer ownership of one or more Entitlements to you due to the previous owner, ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname}, either leaving organization or due to an immediate deactivation of their access privileges. You are receiving this e-mail because you are either the previous owner’s Line Manager or are a designated approver for access to those accounts.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

Please log in to SSM and visit View Existing Access tile on the homepage to check the account(s) that have been transferred to you.

If you would like to transfer ownership, please raise a ServiceNow ticket. When transferring ownership of an account, you must attach an e-mail to the ticket confirming the approval of the new custodian.

If you wish to remain the custodian of the entitlement(s), no further action is required.As the entitlement owner, you will be expected to review access to this account periodically – instructions will be sent prior to any required review.

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?

Visit the Learning Portal for step-by-step instructions.

For technical assistance using SSM, please submit a ticket in ServiceNow. For help submitting a ticket, please refer to this QRG.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

LNguyen
New Contributor
New Contributor

@rushikeshvartak thanks for the suggestion.  Do you know what binding variables I can use for the new owner, I am assuming that could be the owner on termination (if configured), the user's manager.

@LNguyen,

You should be able to use ${ownerOnTerminate?.email} if the owner on Terminate is configured else it will default to ${manager?.email}

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

Use below code to check what all variables available in email template 

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

rushikeshvartak_0-1664462401811.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Can we include entitlement value as well?

You can check if its available in your case refer output from below post

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/binding-variable-to-fetch-the-list-of-the-roles-in...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak