Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Sign-In Log - Debugging Login issue

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I currently face the issue, that newly created users are not able to sign in (SSO) to Saviynt. The proper SAV role is assigned. 

According to the IDP the sign in process was successful. The SAML Response for a new user and an older user (working) looks identical. 

The error message I receive is not very helpful: 
"Oops! An Error Occurred

Error Detail
Unexpected Error occurred Please try later..."

Is there some kind of log, that I can check to see what's wrong? Or do you have any hint what to look for? 

Cheers 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

mohitarora1
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

most likely, saviynt is not able to match the user, check the attribute which is used for matching the user and check corresponding value on the user profile. Other chance is there are more than 1 user with same attribute. Validate both cases and also capture ecm logs for detailed debugging.

Thanks, 

Mohit Arora

Hi @Murmur 

Please check the SAML Request/Response in SAML Tracer. 

Also please refer to the below document for additional checks for troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting SAML SSO (saviyntcloud.com)

Please share the logs snippet if you see any error in logs.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

"check the attribute which is used for matching the user and check corresponding value on the user profile"

That was the clue that helped me fix it 🙂 Thanks!

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does same email is assigned to multiple users ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.