Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SHOW/HIDE DA based on value in other DA(On ARS Page Load)

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi All,

We have two dynamic attributes: DA1, DA2.

DA2 can have value either '1' or '0'. We want that if the value in DA2 is '1' then HIDE DA1 else show DA1.

I have configured it as below:

- Type of DA2 is ENUM with possible values 0,1

- Made DA2 as the parent attribute of DA1. For DA1(child attribute) set the action to perform when parent attribute changes as 'Mapping'

- Set the default value in DA2 as '1'.

- Used the Action String in DA2:   SHOW###DA1###0___HIDE###DA1###1___HIDE###DA1###NONE

So, ideally when ARS page loads since the value in DA2 will by default be populated as '1', the DA1 should remain hidden. But this is not happening. If I remove the value in DA2 by clicking on cross (or) If I select the value as '0' and then again manually select the value as '1' in DA2, only then it is getting hidden. 

I want that by default when the ARS page loads, this field DA1 should be hidden. Is it possible to achieve?.

When ARS Page loads the field 'Please enter GitHub username'(DA1) is not hidden even though value in 'dummy'(DA2) is correctly populated as '1'.

AS5278_3-1706572178680.png

But, when I manually select value as '1', by removing then selecting, it works fine and 'Please enter your GitHub username' field(DA1) is hidden.

AS5278_2-1706571993957.png

Thanks,

Atul Singh

xurde
12 REPLIES 12

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use SQL ENUM

select 1 as id union 0 as id

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak 

I tried 'SQL ENUM' as well. It is causing the same issue. On ARS Page load, it is not hidden even if the value in DA2 is '1'.

xurde

Use boolean

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/hide-a-dynamic-attribute-on-ars-page-load/m-p/6141...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak I cannot use boolean in this case. The value in DA1 is dynamically fetched using a SQL Query:

select (CASE WHEN COUNT(u.username)=1 THEN '1' ELSE '0' END) AS ID from users u inner join accounts a on u.secondaryemail = a.customproperty2 where u.userkey = ${requestee} and a.endpointkey=84

xurde

When form is loaded what value of da1 is populated in logs ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak 

Here the name for DA1 is 'dummy':

Here is what I could see in the logs:

AS5278_0-1706576369931.png

xurde

Use Gen2 UI it works 

On load 

rushikeshvartak_3-1706584859467.png

After changing

rushikeshvartak_1-1706584790706.pngrushikeshvartak_2-1706584802388.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak 

How do we enable Gen2 UI. Is it available in version 23.11?

Thanks.

xurde

Global configurations>Preferences>Enable Request Modern Experience Gen 2 (Beta)

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@AS5278 I have checked and perfectly working for me.

Action String in DA2(Parent attribute):   SHOW###DA1###0___HIDE###DA1###1

DA1 is hidden when DA2(Parent DA) default value is 1

SumathiSomala_0-1706601556435.png

DA1  is showing when DA2(Parent DA) value is 0

SumathiSomala_1-1706601645009.png

SumathiSomala_3-1706601688696.png

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@SumathiSomala @rushikeshvartak 

The SHOW/HIDE functionality is working fine now. I didn't make any change I used the same configuration as earlier. It's strange, the changes made in the Dynamic Attribute Configuration sometimes reflects instantly..but sometimes takes too long to reflect. I think this is the issue I was facing. I even ran the 'Endpoint sync trigger' and 'Endpoint delta sync trigger' but it was not reflecting. Now, its working fine.

Also, since 'DA2', is the dummy attribute based on whose value we have implemented the SHOW/HIDE functionality for DA1. Is there any way to keep this dummy attribute 'DA2' always hidden from the user in ARS page?.

Thanks.

xurde

You can always trigger microservices from postman which always run properly.

you can’t keep da2 hidden

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak