Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Show entitlements based on entitlement selected before

IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I know this is doable using a dynamic attribute but the problem with a dynamic attribute is that it won't create a task for that entitlement chosen.

So what the customer would like is a hierarchy of access. Let's say a user selects "US West", then the dropdown under will show only the states in the western US, then if they choose "California", the next dropdown will show the locations under California. But I'm not sure how to do this under the entitlement type section.

In "Config For Requestable Entitlement In ARS" under the entitlement type, I'm not sure what variable to use to refer to the previous dropdown.

Is this possible or only through dynamic attributes?

9 REPLIES 9

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @IAM , you can configure entitlement on the basis of last DA

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@IAM  Let's get first based on query get value

ENTITLEMENTNAME  = 'US West'

1st DA : ListofValues:

Single select Query

'SELECT DISTINCT ENTITLEMENTNAME AS ID FROM ENTITLEMENT_TYPES WHERE ENDPOINTKEY = 'XXX'

then select ENTITLEMENTNAME  = 'US West'

2. DA

State:

Single Select Query : select distinct entitlement_value as ID from entitlement_values ev join entitlement_types et on ev.entitlementtypekey = et.entitlementtypekey where et.endpointkey =XXX and ${ListofValues}=et.entitlementname

Parent : ListofValues

3. DA

City:

Single selct query :

select distinct entitlement_value as ID from entitlement_values ev join entitlement_types et on ev.entitlementtypekey = et.entitlementtypekey where et.endpointkey =XXX and ${ListofValues}=et.entitlementname and  ${State} = et.entitlementname

Like you implement..!

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use request filter options under entitlement map which will provide entitlement to entitlement mapping. And it will be added to user as entitlement also

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Entitlement Request Filter provides functionality mapping between 2 entitlements type

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Under...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Aashish-Handa
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak , @PremMahadikar ,

Is there a way we can bulk upload entitlement mapping?

Thanks

Unfortunately No, I have raised idea in past Please upvote same.

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3917

rushikeshvartak_0-1724416809465.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Aashish-Handa
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks for confirming. I will vote as well.

If suggested approachedPlease click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answers your original question and hit 'Kudos' button 👍. worked 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak