Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Retrieving all attributes from WorkDay for future dated starter using SOAP

WilsonP
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to retrieve all attributes for a future dated starter when using the SOAP connection?

We are currently able to get some basic attributes but not all ones required to satisfy the business rules. 

The Workday consultant that we are working with have suggested using the below, which works for a specific user with that effective date. Ideally we could make this a 'greater than' allowing us to capture all future starters. 

----

<wd:Response_Filter>
<wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>2023-10-21+00:00</wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>
</wd:Response_Filter>

---

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Pete

4 REPLIES 4

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@WilsonP perhaps you can try using plus() to add required number of days to the effective date. Sample filter below: 

<wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>${new Date(System.currentTimeMillis()).plus(7).format(\"yyyy-MM-dd\", TimeZone.getTimeZone(\"America/Chicago\"))}</wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @WilsonP  Is this resolved? If so, could you please share what filter are you using for the effective date? 

WilsonP
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, @shivmano thank you for that info. Its really helpful.

@navneetv , I have used the below in my request. I have set the effective date far in the future as to not need to worry about having to update the JSON. This does, however, bring the problem of future dated changed in WD being imported before they should be effective such as job title, manager etc. To overcome this I have created two connections to WD. The first only creating accounts and the second only processing updates. This way we get all the attributes required before the user starts but any updates in the future are processed when required. 

<wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>2023-11-21+00:00</wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi, @WilsonP   So you have two workday SOAP connections. Below filter you are using for new hire records before their start date and the above filter you are using for getting updation records.

<wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>2023-12-30+00:00</wd:As_Of_Effective_Date>