We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Retrieving attribute value in User Request Form

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone have a sample query for populating the value entered in an attribute to another attribute in a user request form? For example, in attribute A the number 50 was selected and I want to populate attribute B with the value of attribute A

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Attribute2 Config

Select ${Attribute1} as id 

add parent attribute for Attribute2 as Attribute1

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I actually figured something out for my usecase. However, I do have another question also in relation to User request form.

I have a query that I'm trying to use for concatenating values inputed in the form but I'm getting error messages. Any feedback would be appreciated. It's something like this

select distinct ID FROM ( select concat(${if(binding.variables.containsKey('ValueA'))
{ValueA} else {''}},${if(binding.variables.containsKey('ValueB')) {ValueB}
else {''}},${if(binding.variables.containsKey('ValueC')) {ValueC} else {''}},${if(binding.variables.containsKey('ValueD'))
{ValueD} else {''}}) as ID

try groovy/java concat

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I thought it only allows sql queries?

Inside if you can use java/groovy functions 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Do you have a sample of that?

select ${if(binding.variables.containsKey('ValueA'))
{ValueA.replace('A','AAA')} else {''}} as ID

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

GOE
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried that but it didn't work for me. However, here's what worked for me in case anyone else has the same usecase

select concat(${ValueA},${ValueB},${ValueC}) as ID