Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Re-Certification Campaign of Users / Accounts

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

We want to implement a User Manager campaign, based on the users enddate (e.g. trigger 30 days before enddate).

The current setup is a User Update Rule that has the Launch Campaign action based on the target users enddate (this is fine). Unfortunately, I have not yet found a way to trigger it only once. Right now it is triggered everytime the Detective User Update Rule is triggered. 

How have you done it? Any better idea how to achieve something similar? 

CHeers 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Murmur 

If you are running detective rule run job, can you have the condition that it runs only on a userset whose difference in between current date and today's date is 30. In that case, even if there are multiple runs of detective user update rules, the condition would be satisfied only on a set date for a user.

Can you share a snippet of your rule definition for understanding?

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Murmur ,

I hope you are not using <= and = instead in your rule query. It should not run daily if the condition is specific. If not then move to = instead.

If you encountered a bug which I doubt is, then one way could be below but not so ideal.

1)Update CP lets say CP40='UserManagerCert' for users using execute query where end date - 30 is current date, Something like enddate = DATE_ADD(curdate(), INTERVAL 30 DAY).

2)Run a campaign daily and use user query filter as CP40='UserManagerCert'

3)Make cp40 null for all

We could have used this query(date check) in user query in campaign itself but saviynt doesn't support that. SO we need to use a simple query and update CP using custome query Job (new version of it)

You can also read below doc for more insights 

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/user-manager-campaign-explained/ta-p/34852

Thanks, Amit