Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Possible to update USERNAME field using pre-processor?

jralexander137
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Is it possible to update username on existing records using pre-processor? I've only come across posts a couple years old saying its not possible but am wondering if doable in newer version.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • username is mandatory attribute hence no

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Is there a recommended approach if we need  to do that? Essentially user records will be created with a temporary value in username and when they show up in another system, we need to match records and update existing one with new username value to prevent duplicate records.

You can use sav4sav and REST API to update username

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Could I also use these global configs? 

jralexander137_0-1719946535726.png

My understanding is that a json object containing the user data from the create api call would be passed as an argument to this class/method we define here?

This is used for validation.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Right, but since its calling a jar, I could use some code to populate the username here if its triggered on user creation via api no? Is there some downside to doing it this way?