Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Payload to create multiple entitlements using createUpdateEntitlement (similar to csv file)

rabaral
New Contributor
New Contributor
Am able to create an entitlement for an endpoint, using {{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/createUpdateEntitlement   API endpoint. But how do
I create multiple entitlements for the endpoint ?
If you can please send the body/payload that we can pass to create multiple entitlements for an endpoint?
10 REPLIES 10

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @rabaral ,

I don't think {url}}/ECM/{{path}}/createUpdateEntitlement API has payload to update multiple entitlements. I don't see anything related in documentations for other APIs too.

________________________________________________________________________________________

But there is a workaround. Use postman runner to achieve the above case. 

Generate a token and use Saviynt API: https://<#######>/ECM/api/v5/createUpdateEntitlement

with the below body: (Documentation on API 24.2)

{
    "endpoint": "Application/endpointname",
    "entitlementtype": " memberOf",
    "entitlement_value": "{{entitlementvalue}}"
}

Create a csv file of entitlements with a column entitlementvalue

Note: If you have different endpoint and entitlementtype for an entitlement, please include this in file and also make it dynamic in the postman body.

Go to postman runner (click on the bottom icon runner)

PremMahadikar_2-1716993881378.png

PremMahadikar_1-1716993619548.png

Add the API call request/or add the collection and just select the API request (here it's create/update entitlement). Select file to add your mapping .csv file. Give a delay on every update to Saviynt. Run it! 

For reference on postman runner - Use this link Test your API using the Collection Runner | Postman Learning Center

If this answers your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

rabaral
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @PremMahadikar ,
Thanks for the solution, but I am trying to integrate the API with my application, so I am looking for a solution to push either a csv file for creating new entitlements for an endpoint or pass it as an array in the payload.
Please let me know if there is any work around.

• You can create csv file in required format
  • Upload using Saviynt API on datafiles
  • use schema import approach
  • run /schedule schema entitlement import.
  • It will create entitlements 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak for this awesome steps, but after importing the csv file into datafiles,
I tried creating a JOB in Saviynt on Saviynt portal.

rabaral_0-1718112179844.png
Am not seeing any option to set file name, as a result it's throwing error when I run it.

rabaral_1-1718112240480.png

Share file uploaded screenshot. Need to validate naming conventions 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

@rabaral ,

Check this documentation - Uploading Entitlements using Schema Based Upload (saviyntcloud.com)

What may be missing here is - SAV file

PremMahadikar_0-1718112659642.png

PremMahadikar_1-1718112923163.png

If this helps, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Thanks @PremMahadikar  for the documentation. But we have some issue in our instance for which we are not able to see the SAV File option while creating the job through UI.

But if I try these using the JOB Control API,

can you please send me a sample payload or curl, how do I call a job to read my uploaded files to create entitlements for the desired endpoint.

Can you share screenshot of Job

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak 
I don't have a job. I want to create and call a job through APIs to create these entitlements.
So if you could help me with what payload I have to pass below ?

rabaral_0-1718346949678.png

Like here, what do I pass to create a job that intakes our sav file to create entitlements.

Refer https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/trigger-schema-entitlement-job-via-api-to-process-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak