Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Automating Provisioning and Deprovisioning Based Using Dataset

Roua
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Saviynt Community,
as a follow up on this topic i would like to ask, the long Query execution would be worse once we are in the production and have more than 100 thousands entitlements to assign right? so..

I'm currently exploring a solution to dynamically provision and deprovision access based on a user's accounttype using a dataset in Saviynt. Instead of manually writing multiple WHERE conditions for each accounttype in the query, I would like to create a more generalized approach. but i am not sure if dataset usage in this case is possible! can anyone please provide me with a use case? 

Here’s an overview of my idea:

we create a table "dataset" with the following structure:

accounttypeAD_ENTLDAP_ENT
123CN=12334,OU=xx,OU=xxCN=7865,OU=xx,OU=xx
867CN=254,OU=xx,OU=xxCN=5685,OU=xx,OU=xx

so Instead of hardcoding multiple conditions for each accounttype, I plan to use a dynamic SQL query that matches the user’s accounttype to the dataset and automatically provisions or deprovisions the corresponding entitlement. either in analytics or in Job enhanced query.

Has anyone implemented something similar? Does Saviynt support such dynamic lookups using datasets for provisioning and deprovisioning access? Also, is there a better approach or best practice for achieving this in Saviynt, especially when dealing with large-scale datasets and complex entitlement mappings? would this idea be a good practice ? 

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

stalluri
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Roua 

You can create data sets and use analytics and provision and de-provision the access.

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.