Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Is it possible to make API call to request Access Request

lihjong
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I am new in the Saviynt product and have a question. Does Saviynt allow external API script such as postman to request an Access Request?

Thanks

Mark

9 REPLIES 9

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

yes if have access Saviynt API , you can dump in postman and raise request it will work.

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

lihjong
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks.. I will try that and do you know does Saviynt BR to allow trigger API request? I am trying to find a place to trigger API request in the Saviynt.

Thanks

Mark

@lihjong: I m sorry but what does BR means ?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

lihjong
New Contributor
New Contributor

BR means Saviynt BirthRight Rule.

Thanks

Mark

Birthright does not provide api access. Make sure you have admin sav role 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @lihjong ,

Yes, this is possible.

Please explore more on this for the version you working on here - SAVIYNT ENTERPRISE IDENTITY CLOUD API REFERENCE V24.2 

PremMahadikar_0-1710791469032.png

If this answers your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Prem,

Thanks your info.. Can I ask another question? It is related with my BR question. Can BR make API call?

Thanks

Mark

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@lihjong ,

No, there is no option currently in Saviynt where birthright rules can trigger API call. 

I believe this is for request - 81676  (the ask - 'Can Saviynt automatically open access request  after create a new account') - This can't be achieved by BR (technical rule) as the access would be assigned without approval process and no option to trigger API.

Below possible solutions/workaround for this use case:

- Custom jar to call request access Saviynt API's 

- Can anyone other than manager request for the user? If yes? Please check this - we can use 'request access for others' where anyone other than manager can raise access request for this user and approval process include manager approval as one of the level. In Saviynt, if manager is requestor then it's auto approved and request proceed with other approvals if configured and if the requestor is not the manager, manager would be notified as a part of approval process.

Prem,

Thanks your information. I am also thinking about to use external custom solution to call access request API.  I do have 2 more questions and hope you can help me again.

1. I heard there is new function "application collection". The application collection can allow user pre-select access request and can re-use that later. I know this function will save manager a lot times if they want request same access multiple times.  For the application collection, does it support API? if they do, can you let me know how. 

2. Just curiously in the Saviynt, which function can make API call? I just want to see which rule or function can make API call in the Saviynt,

Thanks your help.

Mark