Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Incorrect mapping to manager AD

cdavis2
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I have a user that is getting a service account mapped as their manager in AD instead of the actual manager. I verified that the manager is correct in the identity repository but when an update is pushed it does not change to the actual manager. I did notice however that the assigned manager owns that service account and their employeeid is tied to it.  Below is the current mapping

import mapping:

CUSTOMPROPERTY21::manager#String,

Create and update:

"manager": "${managerAccount==null?'':managerAccount.accountID}",

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Can you elaborate with example and screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

cdavis2
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

See below the identity manager is the following:

cdavis2_0-1726074007940.png

The AD account shows the following for manager we map manager to custom property21. The below account is a service account. I did notice that the managers employeeid is also tied to the below service account. We correlate via employeeid.

cdavis2_1-1726074085297.png

Issue is employee id is also mapping with service account

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

cdavis2
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

How do I fix?

Remove it from exisiting accounts

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

cdavis2
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Unfortunately that is not feasible because every service account is tied to an end user. Some users have multiple service accounts tied to them. I may have to uncorrelate the service accounts from the users. How do I uncorrelate accounts from users in a bulk manner? If I change the correlation rule will it also uncorrelate? 

You can do manually from User- Accounts tab or you can do using saviynt api using postman runner

Refer Saviynt API Documentation

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/API-Reference-Guide/page/Content/API-References.htm

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak