PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

How to re-create failed tasks

mblakey
New Contributor
New Contributor

Here's my use case:

I have a role with several entitlements over more than one connection. One of the connections was unavailable for 2 weeks, and therefore tasks created for it eventually failed after 10 retries. Now that the connection is back online, how do I re-create these failed tasks?

I've tried running a retrofitjob pointed at the role, but this doesn't seem to work. I've also used the Repair Role to User Mappings button, but this doesn't seem to do the trick either. Am I missing something?

Mark

5 REPLIES 5

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Bring that task back to pending state. Once it is pending state, next time when provisioning job runs , it will pick the task and assign the access.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Sample query:

update arstasks set status=1 where taskkey='597374';

where 597374 is the task id which you want to reprocess.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Open task again using custom Query job

update arstasks set status=1,PROVISIONINGTRIES=0,PROVISIONINGCOMMENTS=null where taskkey=4020583 limit 1;

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

mblakey
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks guys, this solution worked perfectly.

From an audit standpoint, avoid using custom query jobs to reopen tasks as much as possible. Instead use actionable analytics control to do the same.

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.