Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to change the status of the user who is not present in the feed to inactive in Saviynt

Varshi_Balaji
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

We are using AD as trusted source and creating user profile in saviynt with User Import from AD.

We want to change the status of existing users who are not in the feed to Inactive. We have created a "User Import Job" to Import the users via the connection. In this Job, we have selected "User Not in Feed Action" as "In-activate". After running the "user import job" it should change the status of the users who are not in the feed to Inactive, but it is not working. The status of the users who are not in the feed is still Active.

Is there any other way to change the status of the users who are not present in the feed to inactive?

6 REPLIES 6

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Varshi_Balaji ,

We have fixed this issue by adding a new status inactive users only in the user not in feed action and is already available from 23.11 version ( which is independent on what you set the config- user termination from imports in global config ).

Let me know if you need more details 

Thanks

Darshan

Hi Saviynt team,

Can you please confirm the fix is available in 23.11 only, as I don't see this item being added in release notes for v23.11.

Release Notes v23.11 (saviyntcloud.com)

Thanks,

Nupur

Hi Nupur,

Yes its available, as it was a minor feature upgrade it was directly added in the docs section under User Not in Feed Action.

Check this link: 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter03-User-Management/Importing...

Thanks

Darshan 

Screenshot from v24.1

rushikeshvartak_0-1705634484438.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Select InactivateUserOnly to change the status of existing users not present in the HR system as Inactive instead of terminating them and creating a Revoke Access task in EIC. This option does not terminate users although the User Termination from Imports configuration is enabled under Admin > Global Configurations >Identity lifecycle > OFFBOARDING.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Wes
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Varshi, did you get the InactivateUsersOnly setting to work for you? I've been testing it out and I'm having some trouble getting it to work.

Thanks,

Wes