Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dynamic attributes not visible in Request History

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi All,

We have run into a weird situation where a few dynamic attributes are not visible in the Request History after raising the request. User has selected values in all the dynamic attributes correctly and while reviewing the request before selecting also all the values are appearing fine. But once, the user submits the request and check in Request History ..2 of the dynamic attributes are not visible there.

See below:

AS5278_1-1707514520094.png

After the User submits the request in Request History 2 dynamic attributes are missing - option and SecurityContextValue.

AS5278_2-1707514823370.png

Please note that this is happening only in Prod. In test everything is as expected. I check the Dynamic Attributes configuration ..it is exactly the same. I checked it multiple times. I even check all configurations in Security System, Endpoint, Workflows..everything is exactly same.

Why might this issue be happening?. The only difference is in Saviynt Test we are in v23.11 and in Prod we are in v23.8.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Atul Singh

xurde
10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is version issue. Upgrade production and start using neo ui

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak 

Thanks. I feel the same.

Is there any similar issue reported in this forum?. I might issue that as a reference to explain this issue to the client. They do not want to upgrade the EIC at the moment. Everytime we upgrade some other things which we have already implemented and is in place..breaks. 

Also another question which I have is that why only few of the dynamic attributes are not visible in Request History and why some are visible. Is there any workaround to fix this issue for now?.

Thanks,

Atul Singh

xurde

Share dynamic attributes screenshot 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak 

Hi Rushikesh,

Attaching screenshots:

AS5278_0-1707523392024.png

1). option

AS5278_1-1707523434741.png

2). ExistingRole

AS5278_2-1707523452281.png

3). SecurityContext

AS5278_3-1707523467549.png

4). SecurityContextValue

AS5278_4-1707523486909.png

Action String in 'option'

-> SHOW###ExistingRole###TRUE___HIDE###ExistingRole###FALSE___HIDE###ExistingRole###NONE

-> 'ExistingRole' is child of 'option'

Action String in 'SecurityContext':

REQ###SecurityContextValue###Ledger___REQ###SecurityContextValue###Business unit___REQ###SecurityContextValue###Reference data set___REQ###SecurityContextValue###Data access set

-> 'SecurityContextValue' is child of 'SecurityContext'.

-> 'option' and 'SecurityContextValue' is not visible in the request details page. 

-> 'ExistingRole' and 'SecurityContext' is appearing fine in the request details page.

-> In the email triggered to the requestor and approver all the dynamic attribute values are populating fine.

Thanks,

Atul Singh

xurde

Follow below best practices for dynamic attributes- always have name upper case and start with DA

option & SecurityContextValue are reserved keyword

change your dynamic attributes name append DAOPTION and DASECURITYCONTEXT

https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_reserved.asp

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak 

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try these and check. The change request end dated on 9th Feb 2024. So, I will have to discuss this with the client and check on Monday.

However, I observed some things which I want to share.

I queried the Saviynt tables to extract the details of the request that was raised by the User and for which issue is happening.

AS5278_2-1707567927711.png

As we can see above that the DA 'option' and 'SecurityContextValue' which are not visible in request details page, are present infact in the 'request_access_attrs' table.

But, when I click on 'View' for that request to see the details and the request details page appears, I extracted the logs and I observed this:

AS5278_5-1707568226113.png

Here, we can see that in the 'dynamicAttributes' list the dynamic attributes which are not visible in request details, are missing. Only 2 DA are present in this list - 'ExistingRole' and 'SecurityContext'. And these 2 are visible.

Maybe this is why the issue is occurring. I will try changing the DA names as suggested but what is weird is the exact same configuration is working in Saviynt Test(with v23.11). This seems to be some sort of bug. I have raised a ticket with Saviynt to check on this.

Thanks,

Atul Singh

xurde

Ticket is not going to resolve the issue as you will get standard response if its working latest version then you need to fix by upgrading version 🙂

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@AS5278

Some time column size also issue will create(I have experience similar issue ), try below 5 character for test .

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@CR By column size do you means the number of letters in the name of the dynamic attribute or the size of attribute label?

Thanks.

xurde

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Attribute value ,  query fetching some data ryt that value or can you give like value='abc' and test it

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.