Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Custom rule for user status (import from workday)

ray
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I need to place a rule to determine the user status of the imported users from workday. From workday i am getting the status (active or inactive only) in the attribute customproperty12.

But i have to put in place four states as below (prehire, active, inactive, and purged)

SELECT CASE

WHEN hireDate > CURRENT_DATE THEN 'prehire'

WHEN hireDate < CURRENT_DATE AND (endDate IS NULL OR endDate > CURRENT_DATE) THEN 'active'

WHEN endDate IS NOT NULL AND endDate < CURRENT_DATE AND endDate < DATEADD(year, 5, CURRENT_DATE) THEN 'inactive'

WHEN endDate IS NOT NULL AND endDate < DATEADD(year, 5, CURRENT_DATE) THEN 'purged' END AS worker_status FROM your_table_name;

i need to use the MODIFYUSERDATAJSON to put in place this rule? please give me your feedback if you had a similare case

6 REPLIES 6

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @ray ,

You need to use Saviynt for Saviynt application to update the customproperty12 value based on the conditions after user imported into Saviynt from Workday.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

ray
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi  @pmahalle ,

i checked documentation, from Admin ==> global configuration ==> preferences ==> check saviynt for saviynt

I will name the connection Saviynt for saviynt.

Do i need to check all the objects ?

Select objects you want to import
 Roles
 Organization
 User Groups
 SAV Roles

ray_1-1707397134220.png

and once created i will see how will i update the customproperty12 value based on the conditions after user imported into Saviynt from Workday. 

@ray Not required since you need user import to update CP12. But for future purpose in case you want to allow those objects as requestable through ARS, checked them all.

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

ray
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello @pmahalle , i tried this but i am having an error (the cp 16 stands for hire date and cp 22 for termination date, the cp42 is the field i am testing)

{
"ADDITIONALTABLES": {
"USERS": "SELECT CUSTOMPROPERTY16, CUSTOMPROPERTY22, CUSTOMPROPERTY42 FROM USERS"
},
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
"CUSTOMPROPERTY42"
],
"PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET CUSTOMPROPERTY42 = CASE \
WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY16 > DATE(sysdate()) THEN 'prehire' \
WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY16 < DATE(sysdate()) AND (CUSTOMPROPERTY22 IS NULL OR CUSTOMPROPERTY22 > DATE(sysdate())) THEN 'active' \
WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY22 IS NOT NULL AND CUSTOMPROPERTY22 < DATE(sysdate()) AND CUSTOMPROPERTY22 < DATE_ADD(sysdate(), INTERVAL 5 YEAR) THEN 'inactive' \
WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY22 IS NOT NULL AND CUSTOMPROPERTY22 < DATE_ADD(sysdate(), INTERVAL 5 YEAR) THEN 'purge' \
ELSE NULL \
END"
]
}

The error i am having is 

Error in Users Import - Exception in parsing MODIFYUSERDATAJSON: Error parsing JSON

give me your feedback please,

Thank you in advance

Hi @ray ,

Try below json and check once.

{
"ADDITIONALTABLES": {
"USERS": "SELECT CUSTOMPROPERTY16, CUSTOMPROPERTY22, CUSTOMPROPERTY42 FROM USERS"
},
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
"CUSTOMPROPERTY42"
],
"PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET CUSTOMPROPERTY42 = CASE WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY16 > DATE(sysdate()) THEN 'prehire' WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY16 < DATE(sysdate()) AND (CUSTOMPROPERTY22 IS NULL OR CUSTOMPROPERTY22 > DATE(sysdate())) THEN 'active' WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY22 IS NOT NULL AND CUSTOMPROPERTY22 < DATE(sysdate()) AND CUSTOMPROPERTY22 < DATE_ADD(sysdate(), INTERVAL 5 YEAR) THEN 'inactive' WHEN CUSTOMPROPERTY22 IS NOT NULL AND CUSTOMPROPERTY22 < DATE_ADD(sysdate(), INTERVAL 5 YEAR) THEN 'purge' ELSE NULL END"
]
}

ray
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

thank you !! it worked now, it was the \