Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Creating bulk request using file upload

Anurag
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I am trying to create bulk request using file upload API "uploadSchemaFile", I can see the selected file is uploaded after the API is called but the requests are not generating after this.

I tried starting BulkRequestsJob but it didn't make any difference.

PFA the file used for bulk request creation.

Please share if any pointer on this.

9 REPLIES 9

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@Anurag Could you please try from ARS>Multi user request>Actions>Bulk Upload request>Access

SumathiSomala_0-1696505474267.pngSumathiSomala_1-1696505525016.png

Attach the workflow in global configurations asper your requirement.

SumathiSomala_0-1696506326617.png

Let me know if it helps

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

Anurag
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response Sumathi, but the use case we have requires this whole process to be done through Saviynt Rest APIs only.

Can you share the API you have used and body?

If you just used {{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/uploadSchemaFile then this API is just to upload the file but not to create request

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Anurag
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Yes Saathvik, I have used {{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/uploadSchemaFile to upload the file and triggered ARS BulkRequestsJob manually assuming that the job would pick the file and create requests.

(Screenshot of uploadSchemaFile API call.)

Anurag_0-1696565094015.png

Is there any configuration available to make sure the job picks the file available in datafiles for request creation or any other API to support multi user bulk request?

No it won't pick the file from there automatically. You may have to use different APIs to achieve your use case. Before I suggest the approach are you looking for auto approval request or request has to follow Workflow approval?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Anurag
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The request should follow workflow for approval.

@Anurag : You have to build a script such way that you have to read the csv file and then call API to create request for each entry.

Regards,
Saathvik

Anurag
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We had discussion on this approach initially but the problem with this will be the number of API calls to Saviynt will depend on the number of entries in csv file.

The total time to complete bulk request operation will be very high. 

@Anurag : As far as I know, I don't see any another approach in which it is possible to create requests in bulk with one API call or limited API calls.

I will also look out for responses from others to see it is achievable 

Regards,
Saathvik