Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Connecting roles to endpoints

Naz_A
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi everybody, 

I am trying to create different roles but I came across a couple of problems and I cannot find an answer anywhere. Here are the questions: 

1. When I am creating roles, I add also an Endpoint to them. In that case the role goes to COMPOSING state, why and who can approve it? Why does it give me an error every time when I send it to approval? 

2. How can I connect roles to Endpoints? when someone requests a role I want them to choose the application and then choose the role under it, but all I see is the SS in the attachment. 

Please help! Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Naz_A
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

1. When I am creating roles, I add also an Endpoint to them. In that case the role goes to COMPOSING state, why and who can approve it? Why does it give me an error every time when I send it to approval? -- Approval depends on what you configured on Global Configuration for Role Modification Workflow

sk_0-1673280820245.png

2. How can I connect roles to Endpoints? when someone requests a role I want them to choose the application and then choose the role under it, but all I see is the SS in the attachment. -- On Role Details page select the endpoint. Then go to respective endpoint under Role Type you can configure necessary settings

sk_1-1673281607633.png

sk_2-1673281821948.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Naz_A
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

did it, but still can't see anything. under the role type i have chosen requestable = 'table' 

Are you saying that now Role is Active and under endpoint you configured respective Application Role Type request option as Table and still don't see them as requestable item on ARS page of respective endpoint?

if so can you please share the screenshots of Role Details and Role version tab Endpoint(Role Type configuration) 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Naz_A
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I see it when I enter the very last page of the related endpoint's access request page, I was expecting to see it like the way as we saw on the training. 

Screenshot will help better to solve your issue

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Role needs to be in active status so it will be visible on ARS Request Form & 

Under Endpoint - Role Type make sure you select request option.

Under Global configuration -> Roles -> Tick below option to auto approve role creation

rushikeshvartak_0-1673316847797.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello Rushikesh, it was chosen 'Role modification auto approve' until now, and maybe that was blocking the role in the COMPOSING state, now that I have changed it, it doesn't get blocked but it is active now. the problem is how to connect that role to endpoints.. 

Below are configuration 

Role Level

• Role Type = Application 
  • Role status = Active

Endpoint - Role Type Query 

• Application role option should be visible here if yes select request option as Table

please share role & role type configuration if it’s not working 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak