Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Configuration in Workflow for request ID to get Auto-rejected when no action taken by approver

pravisha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Team,

We are trying to achieve a configuration in workflow where at any stage of approval if request is not approved by approver within certain time period, the request/task should get Auto-rejected.

Who all can be Approvers:
1) Manager
2) Manager's Manager
3) Application owner

Issue with current Workflow:

If Manager doesn't approve within given time, then it gets escalated to Manager's Manager.(Screen short attached)
If Manager's manager doesn't approve, Task remains in "Pending approval". (Screen short attached)

Who can raise request:
1) End user
2) Manager
3) Request for self

Current Workflow: Screen short attached

(Kindly note: Global Configurations --> Request --> Expires Request After will not resolve our use case.)

Thanks
Pravisha

27 REPLIES 27

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@pravisha please check if you are able to use the escalation block as below to auto reject from manager's manager task ? 

shivmano_0-1699537717195.png

Hi Shivmano,

Thanks for your reply.
We have tried that in the place, still didn't work.
Attaching the workflow.

Workflow2.JPG

After 2 hours request is not auto rejected ? What was status of request in request history ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

pravisha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

We need a suggestion, much appreciated if someone can provide.

Thanks

adarshk
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @pravisha 

Any specific use case which is holding you back on using the Request Expiry Job?

• You can expire request if its not approved within mentioned timeframe in Global Configurations --> Request --> Expires Request After
  • You need to setup Request Expiry Job for expiring requests and the same can be notified by configuring the email template.

Expiry

Expires Request After

Use this setting to specify the number of days after which requests expire.

Notify Email template When Request Expires

Use this setting to select an email template to notify users when the request expires.

Referance: 

Hi Adarsh,

Thank you for responding. 
We would like to let you know that Global Configurations --> Request --> Expires Request After will not resolve our use case, we have mentioned the same when we raised the concern.

Thanks
Pravisha

adarshk
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Pravisha,

As per the workflow attached above, can you confirm what is the request status in  request history after 2 hours of Manager's Manager not taking any action?

per the mentioned flow if Manager's Manager do not act on the request it executes the escalation block after 2 hours(per config) and RejectedAccess needs to be executed. 

Hi Adarsh,

State remains as "Pending" in Request history and Manager Approval Task state is "Escalated to next".
I have attached two screen shots for reference:  a) Manager doesn't approve b)Manager's Manager doesn't approve.

Thanks
Pravisha

Screenshot missing 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I have added screenshort when I raised concern.
Please find it now , I will add again.

Thanks

@pravisha : It is working as expected when I did implement the same in our environment

sk_0-1704303849990.png

After Manager Escalation:

sk_1-1704303911239.png

After Manager's Manager Escalation:

sk_2-1704303956769.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

pravisha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Saathvik,

Thank you for reaching out.
Can you please let me know - When Manager's Manager didn't approve the request within given period of time, was the Request then "Auto-rejected"?

@pravisha : Yes it went auto rejected after 30 mins. Can you change your workflow to have seperate escalation blocks for resource owner and manager's manager block instead of routing to same escalation block and see if that works?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Share workflow transport zip

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi Rushikesh,

I will try changing the WF as Saathvik suggested and if that doesn't work as expected then I will share the Workflow here.

Thanks and Regards
Pravisha

Hi Rushikesh and Team,

Please find attached Workflow which I tried as Saathvik suggested.
As per suggested workflow:

Usecase1:Working as expected.
Manager approves and Application owner DOESN’T approve-
a)Manager approves the request and request goes to Application owner for second level approval.
b)Application owner doesnt approve the request then after certain time request is getting auto-rejected.

Usecase2: Is not working.(Attached 3 screenshorts)
Manager DOESN’T approve-a) If Manager doesn’t approves then escalates to Manager’s Manager.
b)In Manager’s Manager queue it remains as “Escalated to next” but doesn’t get “Auto rejected” 

Thanks
Pravisha

@pravisha : I actually imported your Workflow and it is working as expected you can see the timings as well

sk_0-1704386178007.png

Can you check if it is working as expected for entitlement only request? Only difference I see is you are submitting new account request along with entitlement and I am only submitting for entitlement.

If that is the issue see if you can skip approval for accounts

Regards,
Saathvik

pravisha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Saathvik, can you please confirm the Saviynt version you are using?
We are trying in Saviynt v23.11, could that be an issue?

I have tried in v23.12 and its working

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Try attached wf

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi Rushikesh,

I tried and for me auto-reject is working only for MODIFY request scenario.
It still remains in Pending state for NEW Account.

Thanks

@pravisha : As suggested try to skip approval for account and route the entitlement approval as you built and see if you are able to achieve escalation path as expected

Regards,
Saathvik

pravisha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Saathvik,

I tried Auto-approval for both New and Modify/Existing account.
Manager and Manager's Manager approval has gone to "Escalated to next", but request still remains in Pending state.

Thanks
Pravisha

@pravisha : Looking at behavior I feel there is some inconsistent behaviour in case of second level escalation path. First level escalation is always working but whereas 2nd level escalation is not working (except one specific scenario which is add access request) same I able to reproduce in my environment with WF you have attached.

I believe you may need to involve saviynt support to further assist you on this to confirm if this is a bug or expected behaviour or you are missing something.

Regards,
Saathvik

Try running JBPM Retry Job (JBPMRetryJob)  Job

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Running the job also didnt help. Please find the attached.

This is working as expected in v23.12 Please check in latest version.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak