Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Capturing organization updated attributes in email template

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have an email template to notify the owners about all the organization related attributes update.

using ${customerhistory.<attrib_name>}, I am able to retrieve the current value.

Now having this solves are concern to display org name and other attributes, we also want to identify all the updated attributes which are being modified as part of this request and show them.

I tried to search in documentation and in this forum but nothing relevant is coming up. Can you please help to provide some idea.

Thanks.

Ramesh

14 REPLIES 14

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rameshm  can you try like below

User level : ${usersObj?.customer?.customproperty1}

or

User level : ${users?.customer?.customproperty1} or ${user?.customer?.customproperty1}

or

direct : ${customer?.customproperty1}

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the inputs, I will definitely try them, but on the above two approach I think it won't get the value as the context is Organization (Changes are done on organization page) and not the user.

Still will share the outcome of these approach.

Thanks,

Ramesh

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

So, I tried all the above options, so far only customerhistory seems to be working. Using this binding variable I can fetch the existing attribute values but how can I get all those attributes which has been modified as part of the current organization modification?

Thanks,

Ramesh

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rameshm  after save the data cp only we can populate, current also if entering the data we can get based above attirbute

Thanks,
Raghu

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @CR ,

Yes, but I need to fetch only those which are being modified, it is kind of dynamic in nature. User can modify any or few attributes and based on that only those many attributes need to be fetched.

How can we identify only updated attributes using variables.

Thanks,

Ramesh

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rameshm  you can updatedate column based you can pull data ryt we have table level.

Thanks,
Raghu

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

I actually tried this already to get all the exposed variables, yet I am not sure how to Identify the delta only variable in the template since user can update any attribute. So I can't fetch attribute values by hardcoding attribute name in template.

With some research I get to know about the 2 tables customer_history and customer_historychangelog which might be accessible using the "customerhistory" variable, Do you know if we can pull all the table data using customerhistory ( something like customerhistory.getallData()). If this kind of expression is there then we can probably perform some inline scripting in template to make it meaningful.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Unfortunately you can't achieve this please raise idea ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rameshm If I have updated the organization owners or organization attributes, how can I retrieve those values in an email template using customer history as '${customerhistory.<attrib_name>}'?

Its not supported currently. Create analytics report to get information 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Rushikesh, I will raise an Idea for this, one quick query can we capture the updated values in email templates in case of User update if not organization?

Thanks,

Ramesh

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

We can't  capture directly in email template.

may you can achieve based on ananlytics query to based on updatedate to fetch required data and print data in email templates through analyticsmap object.

ref :

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/analyticsdata-and-analyticsdatamap-are-not-working...

Thanks,
Raghu

You can validate if same has been explored. if Its feasible

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak