PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Campaign reminder

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

The campaign is going on now.
We set the fifth reminder, and the schedule is set to run "Send Reminder to Certifier Job" (CampaignReminderJob) job every 6 hours.
My the question here is,
1. If the reminder time set in Campaign is different from the job schedule, how is an email sent?
2. Today, even though the reminder was not set, reminder email was sent while the job was running. What should I do if I want to send reminders only according to the campaign settings?
3. There was a problem with the template, so I fixed it. But Saviynt sent the old template as is. How can I check this problem?

12 REPLIES 12

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Joon ,

1. So suppose the fifth reminder is set to be triggered after 20 days and you launch the campaign

on 1st Jan, 2024 12:00 PM UTC.

After 20 days, you will see two scenarios -

• If you run the CampaignReminderJob at 11 AM UTC, even if it is the 20th day, the fifth reminder will not be triggered.
  • If you run the CampaignReminderJob at 1 PM UTC, the fifth reminder will be triggered. This happens because it is based on the campaign start date.

So which ever schedule that falls under the time bracket of the campaign start date, the email will be sent out.

2. This should not be the case. If the reminder is not set, then the reminder email will not be sent. Please check if there are other reminders that are set.

3. This should not be the case. Please check if the right template is selected. The updated template should be picked up. Make sure you have made the corrections in the right template.

Thanks.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Does template updated vs template attached to existing campaign is same ?
  • reminder notification is calculated based on start date + days mention, when reminder is sent time as well as day is taken into consideration. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Joon 

So suppose the fifth reminder is set to be triggered after 20 days and you launch the campaign

The Campaign Start date will be recorded as the launch day of the campaign. Lets say the Campaign was launched on 1st Jan, 2024 12:00 PM UTC.

After 20 days on 21st Jan, 2024 you will see three scenarios -

• If you run the CampaignReminderJob at 11 AM UTC, even if it is the 20th day, the fifth reminder will not be triggered.
  • If you run the CampaignReminderJob at 1 PM UTC, the fifth reminder will not be triggered. This happens because the reminder will be sent only after the midnight of the 20th day. The first run which happens on 22nd Jan, 2024 will send the reminder email.
  • If you run the CampaignReminderJob at 00:15 UTC on 22nd Jan, 2024, then the fifth reminder will be sent.

Adjust your number of days accordingly. Please test this and come back and give your feedback.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

I think I made you confused about #2 .

Let me clarify the symptoms.

We set reminders in campaign configuration like below

Joon_0-1700543841767.png

which the reminders are supposed to be sent 4:57AM UTC following the configuration.

but the actual reminders were sent by job schedule as I see the timeline.

Joon_1-1700543938705.png

Joon_2-1700543959448.png

so what I am wondering is, I was thinking that the reminder should be sent by the campaign configuration regardless of the job schedule ?

Or should I adjust the job schedule to the campaign reminder configuration? Then we won't need campaign reminder setting .. because the job will send reminders to the certifiers in pending action ?

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Joon 

The Reminder configuration will be on the Campaign. The Campaign Reminder Job is the one which triggers the email based on the configurations in the Campaign.

We need to do both.

1. Setup Reminder Configurations in the Campaign.
  2.  Adjust the job schedule to the campaign reminder configuration.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello @Rajesh-R ,

Understood. 

What If I set a reminder in the Campaign configuration and do not set a scheduler in the Reminder job, is there a way to have Campaign trigger this job? Do I have to schedule the job as well?

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Joon

Without the reminder job, no reminder emails can be sent for Campaigns.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@Rajesh-R ,

Understand. but as you can see the reminder setting in the campaign configuration is sliced by second.

Since the reminder in the campaign config is set in seconds,

do I need to set the job in seconds to send reminders exactly at the campaign time?

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Joon 

The reminder setting is based on days not seconds.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@Rajesh-R  Yes,

But as you can see the reminder date is set in seconds. 

Joon_0-1700550287711.png

Can I just ignore the hh/mm/ss ?

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Joon  This is dependent upon the start date of the Campaign. The hh:mm:ss does not make a difference here.

The emails will be sent post the first campaign reminder job run the next day.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Hi All,

I have launched some campaigns, but only few among them are triggering campaign reminder every 6 hours. Any reason for this behaviour ? Campaignreminder job is scheduled every 6 hours. But It should be sending according to setting in the campaign, once. 

Thanks

Manisha