Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Add new values (rows) to dataset via API

vaibhav
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone know if there's an API to add new rows to a dataset?
The API documentation only shows APIs for updating existing values (/updateDatasetValues) or doing a fresh import of the CSV (/uploadDatasetCSV). 

If not, does anyone have any other ideas on how to update a dataset ideally via an API? We do not want to manage datasets via UI or by calling the Custom Query job.

6 REPLIES 6

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Have you explored below API? https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/Uz5KmEhE#9e55f251-98bf-4c13-b990-fc52a88e7cb0

curl --location -g '{{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/updateDataset' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer {{token}}' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data '{
"datasetname":"Latest_Car",
"displayname":"daddy_ghgh_1",
"description":"Type_kill",
"datasetowner" : "ARFCU1"
}'

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

vaibhav
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Devang,

Yes, I had a look at the documentation- it seemed like this one is used to update the dataset attributes. My requirement is to add new values into the dataset. 
Is there an attribute in the body of this request that I’m missing or can you share a sample request please?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Hi @vaibhav ,

As per my knowledge, we do not have an API to add new rows/values to an existing dataset. But we have API to update the values in a dataset.

One thing you can try is add the new values to the existing dataset in CSV, upload it as a new CSV using 'uploadDatasetCSV' API and delete the old dataset using 'deleteDataset' API if needed.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Thanks @pruthvi_t . This could be a good intermittent solution.

I tested the API but was unable to update the dataset by passing the CSV. I'm getting this in the response: Attribute column and CSV header must be same

The same CSV works if I upload it via the UI. Can you please assist?
Attaching some screenshots and the test csv I was working with.

Currently its not supported please raise enhancement request using saviynt idea portal

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

You can also create an idea to add this feature in the Saviynt API:
http://ideas.saviynt.com/