Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Active Directory Entitlement Import

TimoR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

in the connection for Active Directory, in groupImportMapping, is it possible to add conditions to the mapping?

For example, I would like to import the description from AD into entitlement_glossary in Saviynt, but only write it in Saviynt if the attribute is not empty as to not delete values created by other imports.

I could not find any way to do this so far from the documentation.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

Entitlement Grossory we can’t add , please raise idea

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Please use entitlement_glossary:description_char

Refer https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v24x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importing-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Hi and thank you,

I understand how to import the Active Directory description into the entitlement_glossary attribute in Saviynt.
My question is: Is it possible to only import it (using a condition) when it contains data?

For example: We have imported all AD groups as entitlements into Saviynt. But only very few of those contain a description in AD.

So we imported descriptions via CSV to those entitlements. Now, when we run our AD import job regularly, those descriptions from CSV get overwritten by an empty string (in most cases). 

So we are wondering: Can this import be made conditional? So as we only write it to Saviynt's entitlements when it actually contains data?

Thanks
Timo

You can't write conditions in AD Connection.

Workaround

• Store AD Description in Entitlement Custom property
  • Wherever entitlement description missing in AD upload using CSV.
  • Using enhanced query move description from Custom property to glossary

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.