Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Attribute Change is not Reflected to User in Register User Form

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

HI.

In Register User Form, I set as below for Department attribute and Manager Attribute.
The point is that Department attribute is set to Manager's departmentName automatically.

<Department attribute>
select departmentName as ID from users where username=${manager}

KK_0-1710847606696.png

<Manager attribute>

KK_1-1710847696073.png

In this configuration, go to User Management > Create User Request and create user with specifing manager.
Then, the user's Department name is set to Manager's Department Name automatically. This is expected behavior.

Then, go to User Management > Update User Request and update the user's manager(belonging to another department).
But, the user's Department name is changed to new manager's department name.
This is the issue.

How to reflect new manager's department name to user's department name when change user's manager from Update User Request?

Best Regards,

14 REPLIES 14

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @KK ,

Can you share the screenshot of the complete register user form?

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @PremMahadikar 
Thanks, I attached screenshot.
Best Regards,

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@KK, the ss has manager and manager department name, right? How is user department name configured?

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@KK  Here based on Manager , Department u displaying right?

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@PremMahadikar @CR 
User's department name is set to manager's department name automatically by below query for user's department.

select departmentName as ID from users where username=${manager}

User's department name is set automatically when creating user as expected, but, that is not updated automatically when updating user's manager. This is the issue.

Best Regars,

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Use "Refresh" mapping in Department attribute try it

Thanks,
Raghu

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@KK ,

Can you make the same configuration as shown below in departmentname attribute: (Make it editable and mandate so that the user should select that one single value in drop down after manager is updated)

For update/modify, user should always select the value from drop down. (This is tested and user's department is updated post submit)

PremMahadikar_0-1710938479440.png

If this answers your questions, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@CR 
You mean that specify "Refresh" in "What action to perform when Parent attribute changes?" of departmentname attribute?
I set as below for departmentname attribute, but the user's department name is not updated after change manager from Update User Request.

KK_0-1710934675950.png

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

yes

Thanks,
Raghu

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@PremMahadikar @CR 
Thank you.
This does not work in my environment, but this may be specific configuration issue in my environment. So I will check the configuration in my environment.
Thanks

Best Regards,

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @KK ,

Sure!

But the functionality is this - for update/modify, user should always select the value from drop down. (This is tested in 24.1v and user's department is updated post submit)

Will also share below the complete config for department DA which I configured, this should help you to debug further in 23.11v.

PremMahadikar_0-1711012111571.png

PremMahadikar_1-1711012154419.png

PremMahadikar_2-1711012193092.png

And for Manager DA - query used - select username as ID from users and 'What action to perform when Parent attribute changes?' - I have config - Mapping

Query used - select departmentName as ID from users where username=${manager}

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@PremMahadikar 
Thanks.

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Which version are using @KK  ? 

Yes @PremMahadikar  for update/modify will use in user update page?did you tried it working 

Thanks,
Raghu

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@CR 
I use v23.11