Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workday SOAP - Referencing the connection username in xml payload

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

XML Payload sent to Workday for update user must contain the username/password used in the connection.  I am able to provide the connection password but it doesn't like the username.

Excerpt of payload:

<wsse:Username>' + USERNAME + '</wsse:Username>
<wsse:Password Type=\"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token-profile-1.0#PasswordText\">' + PASSWORD + '</wsse:Password>

I also tried with ${USERNAME} but constantly get invalid username or password.

The only way I could get it to work is what is attached, where username is hard-coded to the same value that is set in the configuration panel...

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

you can try both username and password --like ${USERNAME} 

we are using , and it working for us

<wsse:UsernameToken wsu:Id="><wsse:Username>${USERNAME}</wsse:Username> <wsse:Password Type="">${PASSWORD}</wsse:Password><wsse:Nonce EncodingType=\">""</wsse:Nonce><wsu:Created>2019-05-15T00:50:57.816Z</wsu:Created></wsse:UsernameToken>

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @CR ,

Thanks for the reply...  I tried using the connection content you provided but I still get invalid username or password.

Question, which version are you using?

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Still stuck at the same point... it appears ${USERNAME} does not contain the username provided in the connection details.  Gave up on that, it works fine with username hard-coded.

This thread can be closed...

Please share connection config Screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.