Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Windows Powershell Connector Connection issue

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello,

I'm having difficulties getting the windows powershell connection to work. Getting connection failed

I followed the Understanding integration between EIC and windows server guide start to finish.

This is a dev environment so I'm using a self signed cert and have imported this into Saviynt as well.

The logs are giving me the below error.

aundreb_0-1706308614297.png

What I'm not understanding is if the PS/ExecutePSScript directory needs to exist within the Saviynt App folder directory? I've included it but doesn't seem to change anything.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Yes directory needs to be there

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/500-error-while-integrating-on-prem-exchange-with-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak, the directory for PS/ExecutePSScript is there in the root of the application Directory, however my connection from Saviynt still fails.

I'm getting the below errors when I try to invoke-restmethod locally via powershell locally on the server:

aundreb_0-1706543585697.png

The service account I'm using has access to the directory and I set it as the identity in the application pool

Folder Structure:

aundreb_1-1706543713277.png

SaviyntApp config

aundreb_2-1706543766888.png

aundreb_3-1706543804936.png

Default Website Config

aundreb_4-1706543833721.png

aundreb_5-1706543853274.png

I've followed the guide but stuck, not sure what I'm missing.

aundreb
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

What worked for me on Server 2019, if it helps anyone.

Follow the Troubleshooting (saviyntcloud.com) guide line for line, especially the applicationHost.config file steps. 

The PS/ExecutePSScript directory cannot exist in the websites folder path. You will get 405 errors method not allowed because IIS's default handlers like StaticFileContent or DefaultDocumentHandler do not accept POST method. The Winconnector in Saviynt can only use POST.

My connection to the website worked after these steps.