Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Winconnector create account task not completing

jralexander137
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, I am using the createAccountJson in the Winconnector to launch a powershell script. To be clear it is not creating an account, right now its just doing a get-aduser. Here is the create account config:

{
"CREATEACC" : [
"Script=Get-Aduser ttini"
],
"SuccessResponses": [
"Objectreturned"
]
}

The only error I see in the logs after triggering the prov job is this:

"2024-01-04T17:15:15.164+00:00","ecm","errors.GrailsExceptionResolver","http-nio-8080-exec-4-kb7s6","ERROR","NullPointerException occurred when processing request: [GET] /ECM/jobcontrol/triggerchainjobpopup"
"2024-01-04T17:15:15.239+00:00","ecm","","null-kb7s6","","Cannot invoke method trim() on null object. Stacktrace follows:"
"2024-01-04T17:15:15.239+00:00","ecm","","null-kb7s6","","java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method trim() on null object at com.saviynt.ecm.utility.domain.JobcontrolController$_closure29.doCall(JobcontrolController.groovy:1121) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53) at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:155) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59) at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69) at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)"
"2024-01-04T17:15:15.223+00:00","ecm","error.ErrorController","http-nio-8080-exec-4-kb7s6","ERROR","Exception"
"2024-01-04T17:15:15.239+00:00","ecm","","null-kb7s6","","org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.errors.GrailsWrappedRuntimeException: Cannot invoke method trim() on null object at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53) at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:155) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59) at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69) at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method trim() on null object at com.saviynt.ecm.utility.domain.JobcontrolController$_closure29.doCall(JobcontrolController.groovy:1121) ... 7 more"

The prov job completes successfully and there are no errors on the task object under pending tasks. Am I missing something in my config call? Test connection works fine.

Here is what the pending task object looks like: 

jralexander137_0-1704390411684.png

I have tried a couple more configs. Also I don't think the error I shared is relevant to the issue. I am actually not seeing any errors at all when running the provisioning job. Job completes successfully, tasks remain with no comments or errors as you would typically see on a failed provisioning.

Here are some configs i have tried:

{
"CREATEACC":[
"script=\$pw = convertto-securestring '${PSSCRIPT_PASSWORD}' -asplaintext -force;\$mycred = new-object -typename System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist 'svcaccount',\$pw;Invoke-Command -ComputerName 'localhost' -Credential \$mycred -ScriptBlock {Get-Aduser ttni}"
],
"SuccessResponses":{
"Objectreturned"
}
}

{
"CREATEACC":[
"script=try {
try {
$cred = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist 'svcaccount', (ConvertTo-SecureString ${PSSCRIPT_PASSWORD} -AsPlainText -Force);
if(!(get-aduser ttni)){
$errorMessage = "Account not found"
write-output $errorMessage
throw $errorMessage
}
}
catch {
write-error $_
}
$customObject = 1 | Select-Object -Property MyCustomProperty
$customObject.MyCustomProperty = "Account found"
$customObject"
],
"SuccessResponses":{
"Objectreturned"
}
}

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @jralexander137 

Please refer to the WIN PS connector guide and review all the configurations.

Understanding the Integration between EIC and Windows Server (saviyntcloud.com)

Also you can refer below forum post for syntax.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/syntax-error-winps-connector/m-p/61359#M37838 

If you face any issues further, please share the complete JSONs/powershell script.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @jralexander137 

Could you please confirm if this issue is resolved ?

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

I gave up on using the winconnector, your expert services said to use the rest connection which is giving its own set of issues and has no documentation around.

Hi @jralexander137 

Could you please share what are the issues you are facing currently with REST connection. 

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma