Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

User Update Rule from from API call

sabthamis
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement to re-generate the email and systemusername when firstname or lastname is updated. So here I have configured 2 rules.

First rule will trigger when user's firstname or lastname is updated and by SAV4SAV connection i m setting the systemusername & email as null which is working and Saviynt is generating the new systemusername by the Global config. In the second rule i have created with Option as trigger when user is updated from API call and in conditions i mentioned as when systemusername is updated and email is updated and action i selected to Generate email.

The issue is the mail is not generating.  Wanted to know if this is a bug in 24.4 because i have seen few post on the same or Am i missing some configuration on the same. I have the Email logic in the global configuration which is working fine.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@sabthamis how are you then setting the systemusername? Because generate email will only generate email.

If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'

sabthamis
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Yes.my issue is with email generation only email is not generating.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/community-knowledge-base/how-do-we-regenerate-email-id-s-when-there-is...

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@sabthamis yes that is what I am asking to debug the scenario.. how are you regenerating systemusername? Once you make the field blank.. can't you use the same approach for email?

If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'

sabthamis
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@NM  yes it s not generating email when i make as blank since we have OOTB option to generate email ..tried that as well its not working ..

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@sabthamis why not use the same process which you are using to generate systemusername?

sabthamis
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I mentioned above making email null is not working its not regenerating the email

sabthamis
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@NM  I was able to fix it. Disabling below configs in global settings resolved the issue.

sabthamis_44-1729076045033.png