Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Uploading accounts and associated Entitlements (csv file)

afauquem
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

This is the context :
I'm looking to regularly import a csv file containing the entitlements and certain specific attributes of an application (such as last login date) in order to guarantee synchronization and ensure that no entitlements have been added or removed directly from the application without going through Saviynt.

I used this documentation but didn't find the answers I was looking for : https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Uploa...

Question 1:
I've created a SAV and CSV file. However, I can't manage to enter several entitlement values in the same cell for the same entitlement_type. Is there a specific delimiter or can there only be one entitlement value in the cell under the entitlement_type? If so, how can you enter several entitlement values for the same account?

ACCOUNTNAMEendpointnamestatusProfile1lastlogindate
1234Test1?1

-> I want to have entitlementA and entitlementB in the entitlement_type Profile1 for the user

Question 2:
When I import this file, it adds the new entitlements to the user account. Is it possible to delete on the Saviynt side those that are no longer in the CSV file (meaning that an administrator has deleted the entitlement directly from the application)? 
I tried setting DELETEACCOUNTENTITLEMENT variable to YES or TRUE but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure if it's this variable that needs to be changed.

SystemName=Test
FileNameStartswith=Test
ENTITLEMENT_TYPE=Profile1
DELETEACCOUNTENTITLEMENT=YES
OVERWRITE_USER_ASSIGNED=TRUE
ACCOUNT_NOT_IN_FILE_ACTION=NOACTION
IGNOREFIRSTLINE=TRUE
FILEIMPORTDELIMETER=,
ACCOUNTNAME,endpointname,status,Profile1,lastlogindate

Thanks !

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Question 1:
I've created a SAV and CSV file. However, I can't manage to enter several entitlement values in the same cell for the same entitlement_type. Is there a specific delimiter or can there only be one entitlement value in the cell under the entitlement_type? If so, how can you enter several entitlement values for the same account? It will be new line with different Profile name

ACCOUNTNAMEendpointnamestatusProfile1lastlogindate
1234Test1entitlementA 1
1234Test1entitlementB 1

Question 2:
When I import this file, it adds the new entitlements to the user account. Is it possible to delete on the Saviynt side those that are no longer in the CSV file (meaning that an administrator has deleted the entitlement directly from the application)? 
I tried setting DELETEACCOUNTENTITLEMENT variable to YES or TRUE but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure if it's this variable that needs to be changed.

DELETEACCOUNTENTITLEMENT

Specify If you want to remove the account to entitlements mapping for accounts existing in EIC.

The options are:

• Yes: Removes the account to entitlements mapping.

• No: Does not remove the accounts to entitlements mapping.

SystemName=Test
FileNameStartswith=Test
ENTITLEMENT_TYPE=Profile1
DELETEACCOUNTENTITLEMENT=YES
OVERWRITE_USER_ASSIGNED=TRUE
ACCOUNT_NOT_IN_FILE_ACTION=SUSPEND
IGNOREFIRSTLINE=TRUE
FILEIMPORTDELIMETER=,
ACCOUNTNAME,endpointname,status,Profile1,lastlogindate

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thank's it works !
Just last question to be sure. Is it possible to trigger an action (like a validation, micro-certification) if an account modification is detected when importing the csv file (e.g. different entitlements in the file than in Saviynt)?
Thank you 

No

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.