Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Update Owner On Termininate v23.10

Mukul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi All, 

As part of transfering the entitlement owner to the manager when the user is made inactive from HCM, we are trying to populate Owner on Terminate. I have tried inline processing but it doesn't seem to work

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA LEFT JOIN CURRENTUSERS ON CURRENTUSERS.USERNAME = NEWUSERDATA.USERNAME SET NEWUSERDATA.OWNERONTERMINATE= CASE WHEN (NEWUSERDATA.CP4= 'INACTIVE') THEN CURRENTUSERS.OWNERONTERMINATE ELSE CURRENTUSERS.MANAGER END"

Any suggestions?

Regards,

-Mukul

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA LEFT JOIN CURRENTUSERS ON CURRENTUSERS.USERNAME = NEWUSERDATA.USERNAME SET NEWUSERDATA.OWNERONTERMINATE= CASE WHEN (NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY4= 'INACTIVE') THEN CURRENTUSERS.OWNERONTERMINATE ELSE CURRENTUSERS.MANAGER END"

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

Yeah that is CUSTOMPROPERTY4 in my code. 

Exact code below

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA LEFT JOIN CURRENTUSERS ON CURRENTUSERS.USERNAME = NEWUSERDATA.USERNAME SET NEWUSERDATA.OWNERONTERMINATE= CASE WHEN (NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY4 = 'INACTIVE') THEN CURRENTUSERS.OWNERONTERMINATE ELSE CURRENTUSERS.MANAGER END"

However, it doesnt update OWNERONTERMINATE when the status is ACTIVE toCURRENTUSERS.MANAGER

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA LEFT JOIN CURRENTUSERS ON CURRENTUSERS.USERNAME = NEWUSERDATA.USERNAME SET NEWUSERDATA.OWNERONTERMINATE= CASE WHEN (NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY4 = 'INACTIVE') THEN CURRENTUSERS.OWNERONTERMINATE WHEN (NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY4 = 'ACTIVE') THEN CURRENTUSERS.MANAGER ELSE CURRENTUSERS.MANAGER END"

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Sorry I didn't understand what you mean?

Use updated query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Thanks that works. Can I ask you one more question. We want to send the email ( configured in update rule ). what attribute value I shall use so that email is sent to the user listed in "Owner On Terminate"?

${user?.ownerontermainate?.email}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Please confirm if this resolved @Mukul 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak