Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

TestConnectionsJob || Configuration and Usage

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hello Team,

We are looking forward to details around TestConnectionsJob and its usage.

Job Categories for Old Job Control Panel (saviyntcloud.com) talks about only jobs and not for configuration and reports.

Assist please.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos
9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

TestConnectionsJob is used for 

• Testing system health for all connection whether all successful or not instead of failing action application import or provisioning process.
  • Monitoring and Maintenance: "TestConnectionsJob" also be used for ongoing monitoring and maintenance tasks, periodically checking the health and availability of connections to ensure the overall reliability of a system.
  • Testing Connections: Responsible for testing connections to various resources such as databases, APIs, web services, or other external systems. This could involve checking if the connections are established successfully, verifying authentication credentials, and ensuring that the resources are accessible.

• Its proactive process instead of reactive
  • As BAU, Test connection job should be setup once in day to check system health

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

How can we configure the job to test multiple connection?

How an analytics would be linked to get the status and trigger email on failure?

Regards
Manish Kumar

• Email template attached will be sent in case of failure.
  • Don't Specify any connection.
  • If you need specific use Query Section
  • rushikeshvartak_0-1708664057584.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Which email template will be triggered?

Somehwere i read an analytics will be triggere..

Can you add more information please.

Regards
Manish Kumar

rushikeshvartak_0-1708665442374.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Sanjeevini
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Manu269,

Can you confirm if this approach is working as expected for you?

I have tested the steps mentioned here, but I am not getting the desired result. When I run the TestConnectionsJob, no notification is being sent even though the connection has failed, and the email template is attached in the connection.

Create analytics report and send consolidation email

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Sanjeevini
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, I just wanted to confirm: what is the expected behavior when we run TestConnectionsJob ? Will it not be able to send an email notification when the job detects a connection failure?

Thanks,

Connection Level template sent when job failure due to import

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak