Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Start Date & End Date for roles on application request forms to be added to the account attributes

sp
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, 

I have a requirement where the Start date and end date for the roles on the application request forms needs to populated on the account attributes: 'valid from' and 'valid through'. 

I have referred the documentation and configured the start date and end date on the application role request to be mandatory on the request form. But unable to populated them on the attributes: 'valid from' and 'valid through'. 

could you please help me understand how this can be configured?

7 REPLIES 7

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @sp ,

You can do that with executable query. But isn't there a logical flaw in this, account can have multiple roles (unless in you case this is 1:1 relation) but valid from and through are linked to one account. Not to the multiple associations account can have with roles.

If one account can only have one role , maybe then you can do it but that hopefully wont limit your project going forward. 

BR,

Amit

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • This is not supported.
  • User can select multiple roles and this approach will be become complex
  • what will happen will user request for extend end date.

Solution:

• Create 2 Dynamic attribute and ask user start date and end date.
  • ideally start date and end date are taken from users profile as best practice 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sp
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you both for your response. 

I understood the requirement the other way around. 

The actual requirement is: Users request for a role with the start date and end date. the role needs to be provisioned on the start date and needs to be deprovisioned automatically on the end date. 

How can I achieve this ? 

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@sp , this will work ootb. You can test it. It works same as for entitlements.

You can find more information here - https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-User-v24x/page/Content/03-mang-accs/ars-req-acc-ents-pvg-ar...

Thanks,

Amit

If helped, Please ACCEPT SOLUTION

which connector is used here ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@sp refer this article : Configuring Tasks (saviyntcloud.com)

Create Task for Future Ent Role Requests (EnterpriseRoleManagementJob) 

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

sp
New Contributor
New Contributor

Its the SAP connector and I see the deprovision tasks for the roles by running the job 'Create Task for Future Ent Role Requests (EnterpriseRoleManagementJob) '

Thank you !!