PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Start and End date on Access Request (Application)

Shub4Sav
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on adding a start and end date to the Access Request.

Specifically, the requirement is that when making an Access Request via the "Application Tile" both accounts and roles should be assigned in the same step. These roles, however, should be assigned temporarily, meaning they are time-limited. The roles should be provisioned when the start date is reached and deprovisioned when the end date is reached.

The problem is that I haven’t found out how to do this. According to Solved: Start Date & End Date for roles on application req... - Saviynt Forums - 74229, this should work out of the box, similar to Entitlements. I followed the documentation Requesting for Account Entitlements, Privileges, and Application Roles (saviyntcloud.com).

However, my interface looks different, and I don’t have the option to select roles via "Add" or similar to then choose the start and end dates. I’m stuck at step 3 of the documentation.

When I make an Access Request for roles on the other hand, I am provided with fields for the start and end dates. However, this should also work through the "Application Tile" to save steps and make the process easier for our customors.

Additionally, I tested the setting in Global Configuration --> Roles --> Settings --> “Make Start Date & End Date mandatory for roles on application request forms.” This setting had no impact, at least not for the Access Request.

Has anyone had similar requirements and can assist with this?

[This message has been edited by moderator to mask sensitive information]

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Enable Start date end date from 
  • Entitlement under Entitlement Type  rushikeshvartak_1-1722537827898.png

• Roles - Under Endpoint
  • rushikeshvartak_0-1722537808984.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Shub4Sav
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks, that helped a lot.

I was able to do it now via the endpoint and the option "Ask Start Date End Date while Adding...". The option in the global config, "Make Start Date & End Date mandatory for roles.." then ensured that I could switch between required and mandatory.