Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SAP ECC Parameters will not Update

Wes
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue when I trigger an account update on a user's SAP ECC account. All attributes that were changed will be updated to the target system, but the SAP Parameters outlined in the UpdateAccountJSON will not update on that user's account. This is an issue in both our Dev (23.10) and Prod (23.8) environments.

When an SAP ECC account is created for a user, the parameters are created as well just like normal. But when it comes time to change them (they would be changed based off of a dynamic attribute included in the UpdateAccountJSON), there is no update in ECC.

According to some logs I pulled, these parameter values are being generated and included in the "call" to SAP, but none of them are actually being updated in the target system. We also are not seeing any blatant errors in the logs for the update.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has ran into this issue.

Thank you,

Wesley Thompson

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you share json ?

This was working in previous versions ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Wes
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Rushikesh,

At the very end of the Parameter1 call, you can see a concat function passing SAP_PIDS. That is the dynamic attribute which calculates the parameters we end up missing. Essentially none of these parameters end up populating in SAP on an update, only on a creation.

And no, we did not previously have this issue.

If this is caused due to version upgrade please raise support ticket with evidence of previous working request and audit logs from sap team

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.