Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

REST API Nested Group Mapping - Parent & Child entitlement Mapping

mmomin-xalient
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why the parent and child entitlement mapping not working with I am doing access import via REST API. 

Attaching the sample response API I get when I am calling get Group list. 

First group (Accessibility) has one member under members field who is the user. 

Second Group (ActAs) has two members, one is user and the other one is group

third group (Add Custom Invited Supplier) has one member which is a group. 

Ideally, I would like to see ActsAs as parent and TEST_GROUP1 has child and Add Custom Invited Supplier as parent and TEST_GROUP2 as child but right now it is only mapping the accounts to entitlement and not child entitlement. 

Any help is good help, please

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Second entitlement type data is not mentioned in import json

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

What would be the parameter name? 

Do you have api like Groups and privileges where privileges  are child of groups

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

mmomin-xalient
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yes. See attached API Response from API. 

First group (Accessibility) has one member under members field who is the user. 

Second Group (ActAs) has two members, one is user and the other one is group

third group (Add Custom Invited Supplier) has one member which is a group. 

Ideally, I would like to see ActsAs as parent and TEST_GROUP1 has child and Add Custom Invited Supplier as parent and TEST_GROUP2 as child but right now it is only mapping the accounts to entitlement and not child entitlement.

Its not showing in proper hierarchy format

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

mmomin-xalient
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

so, "Resources" is having a list of groups. In that list, "id" is the parent group id and "members" have list of assigned groups and roles. "type" attribute shows whether it is a Group or a User. 

Not sure if this helps. A group is a part of a group.