Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Requests for rehires

erinlewis
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We have an issue frequently for rehires. They've worked at our company before and had accounts/access within different applications. When someone tries to request access they get a message that an inactive account for user exists and new account request is disabled.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 171013.png

We tried disabling at the endpoint the setting "Disable New Account Request if Account Already Exists". When we tried to request it, it asked to verify the AD account and we select it but when gives a screen to enter the username. We don't want them to have a different username. We want to give them back the account and access with the username they used previously. Their account is in a suspended from import state.

18 REPLIES 18

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Account status should be SFIS and name should -Deleted on timestamp

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

The status is suspended from import and the username does have -delete but it still won’t allow us to request.

It seems status has been updated manually please change accountname in format mentioned 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

erinlewis
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

It was not changed manually. It was already in a suspended from import state and the username already had -deleted at the end which is why I’m asking the question of why we can’t re-request access.

Share screenshot of account name and status

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Screenshot 2024-07-08 082958.png

What about account name rule for endpoint provide screenshot 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Screenshot 2024-07-08 090640.png

Disable below option in endpoint

rushikeshvartak_0-1720464606479.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

We tried disabling that setting; however, then we get a different message. When we request the access it gives the pop up to select which AD account. We select the account and then it pops up a box to enter the username. No matter what you enter in that username box it won't go forward. It's also a bad end user experience as managers don't know what to do.

Can you share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

We just had this scenario, I disabled the setting "Disable New Account Request if Account Already Exists". When I try to request the account/access it gives me this selector 

erinlewis_0-1720552606747.png

I select the account and then I get this

erinlewis_1-1720552727119.png

Since this is an AD endpoint we don't want it to have another username

erinlewis_2-1720552795869.png

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

erinlewis
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

If I try to put a different username in then we get this error

erinlewis_3-1720552857242.png

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

erinlewis
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I also have logs but didn't know if I should upload those here.

Please check with NEO request module

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

What is the NEO request module?

rushikeshvartak_0-1720628252873.png

https://saviynt.com/blog/introducing-neo#:~:text=Meet%20Neo%20%E2%80%93%20a%20design%20system,t%20ju....

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

We aren't using the new experience yet and I can't enable this without communication.