Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Rejected Entitlement Notification to Requestor.

Saviynt_Savvy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We designed a Two-Level Approval Workflow where the first-level approval is User Manager and Second-level approval is Endpoint Owner.
We attached the Email template
1. For Rejected Access at Rejected Access workflow component.
2. For Approved Access  at Grant Access workflow component.

Workflow Type: Checked with both Serial and Parallel types.

Saviynt_Savvy_0-1707460942824.png
I am using the same variables for entitlements in both the templates  (${entitlements}).
I am using static email address in both the email templates.
I have ran the Email History Job after placing the request and at each approval level.
Saviynt_Savvy_0-1707461675442.png

Case 1:
I have requested 2 Entitlements, both were approved at both levels, received approved access email.

Case 2:
I have requested 2 Entitlements, both were rejected, each at each level, received the rejected access email.

Case 3:
I have requested 2 entitlementsone was rejected at Manager level and other was approved  at both levels.
Received only the approved access email, but NOT received the rejected access email.

How can I trigger the rejected access email.

Thanks & Regards,
SaviyntSavvy

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use below code in Rejected Template

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

HI @Saviynt_Savvy ,It should work in case 3 also. Can you try to reject one request and run email history job. Then approve other and run job. You might need to upload logs if it doesn't work to evaluate further. See this with parallel workflow.

Thanks,

Amit