Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Recon Workday Accounts with EIC Version 23.12 using OAuth RaaS

tpolin
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

We’re on Saviynt EIC Version 23.12 and are trying to load Workday Accounts (not Users). Our requirements include:

• Must use OAuth
  • Must use RaaS

Is this possible? And if so, what Connection Type would I use?

I have been successful in getting accounts to load using Workday_RAAS (Workday) Connection Type with USE_OAUTH = FALSE, which uses Basic Auth, and when I attempt to set USE_OAUTH = TRUE with various Connection Types (Workday_RAAS (Workday) or Workday_Hybrid_OAUTH (Workday)), the Save & Test Connection button just fails:

Error While Test connection: Connection Failed

Is our Saviynt version 23.12 compatible with OAuth RaaS and what settings would I need to get the connection working?

Please note that I was successful in getting the report running using Postman and OAuth 2.0 type, which means that my authentication values are correct.  How would I transpose these into Saviynt EIC Version 23.12?

Thanks, Tessa

6 REPLIES 6

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @tpolin 

The workday connector supports oauth as the authentication type for import and provisioning accounts in V23.12

armaanzahir_1-1707745313322.png

Have you tried adding the client id, client secret and the refresh token when you are setting the use_oauth parameter to true?

armaanzahir_0-1707745279302.png

Supported Features (saviyntcloud.com)

Configuring the Integration for Importing Users (saviyntcloud.com)

Configuring the Integration for Importing Accounts and Access (saviyntcloud.com)

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

tpolin
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yes, I filled all advanced config fields that I thought might be required (including some optional ones). The ones I entered were:

• BASE_URL
  • API_VERSION
  • TENANT_NAME
  • REPORT_OWNER
  • USE_OAUTH = TRUE
  • USERNAME (optional, for Basic Auth, I think)
  • PASSWORD (optional, for Basic Auth, I think)
  • CLIENT_ID
  • CLIENT_SECRET
  • REFRESH_TOKEN
  • PAGE_SIZE = 100 (default)
  • ACCOUNT_IMPORT_PAYLOAD
  • ACCOUNT_IMPORT_MAPPING
  • ACCESS_IMPORT_LIST = Security Group,Domain Security Policy,Business Process Security Policy, Organizational Role,Tasks And Reports (default)
  • RAAS_MAPPING_JSON
  • STATUS_THRESHOLD_CONFIG
  • CUSTOM_CONFIG (default)

Unfortunately, the log output doesn't give much info.  Hard to tell what is legit and what is not.  No obvious errors in any case.

tpolin
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

In case this might help, I found the following error in the log that seems to coincide with my clicking the "Save & Test Connection" button:

2024-02-12T09:44:35-05:00-ecm--null-mhzhk--java.lang.Exception: <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:wd="urn:com.workday/bsvc"><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.processingError</faultcode><faultstring>Processing error occurred. The task submitted is not authorized.</faultstring><detail><wd:Processing_Fault><wd:Detail_Message>The task submitted is not authorized.</wd:Detail_Message></wd:Processing_Fault></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope> at com.saviynt.provisoning.workday.WorkdayCommonUtilityService.callRestWebService(WorkdayCommonUtilityService.groovy:736) at com.saviynt.provisoning.workday.WorkdayCommonUtilityService.getServerTimestampForOauth(WorkdayCommonUtilityService.groovy:291) at com.saviynt.provisoning.workday.WorkdayCommonUtilityService.testConnection(WorkdayCommonUtilityService.groovy:110) at com.saviynt.ecm.integration.ExternalConnectionCallService.testExternalConnection(ExternalConnectionCallService.groovy:966) at com.saviynt.ecm.utility.domain.EcmConfigController$_closure21.doCall(EcmConfigController.groovy:768) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53) at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:155) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59) at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69) at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

What might we be missing?

Add passing username & password 

rushikeshvartak_1-1707886879353.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I'm still getting that exact same error message in the logs (Processing error occurred. The task submitted is not authorized.).  I even tried your connection type (Workday instead of Workday_RAAS (Workday), also tried Workday_Hybrid_OAUTH (Workday)), but none of them work.  I do include username and password, as you suggested (even though it doesn't look like they are required).

Since the connection and report work fine in Postman with OAuth, I will open a Zendesk ticket in the hopes someone can help out in a reasonable timeframe.

tpolin
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

It would have been really helpful for the Saviynt documentation to include specifically what Workday permissions to include.  For the benefit of others who might need this functionality, the Workday team added the following additional scopes: Implementation and Integration (one of these or both did the trick!)