Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Provisioning comments in DB connector

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi,

Do we need to enable additional configuration for DB connector to show provisioning comments?

Currently when i provisioned a task it got completed but all the fields are empty for it .. ie. provisioning comments

3 REPLIES 3

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @NM 

This would end up raising an Idea in Idea Portal. Logically, the challenge could be for DB connectors is that database queries itself doesn't give that much details in outcome. Mostly it is like 1 row added , or 1 row updated types.

Where in APIs give proper response. But incase of DBs also there could be some message in provisioning comments but it might not be as helpful as APIs. I think.

I hope in failures you do get something in provisioning response as that is the case for us.

Thanks, Amit

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @AmitM,

Yes, at least a one liner which says operation was successful.

1) Could you please share a sample error message? Usually what you receive

2)Which logic does saviynt use to deduct a failure and success for db connector? eg - for rest connector we can define status code to deal with task completion or error

OUT parameters are not supported , please raise idea ticket to improve logging functionality 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.