Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Ownership Transfer email generation issue

MRitchie
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I am trying to set up the email templates for Ownership Transfer when a user leaves the company but it doesn't seem to be functioning as I would have expected.  The emails are being sent every time the user update rule is triggered even though the majority of people leaving will have nothing to transfer.  This is going to cause a lot of confusion and unneeded emails.

This feels like a defect to me.  Has anyone found a way to suppress this when nothing was actually transferred?

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Yes this is known behavior due to lack of binding variables exposed.

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3874  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I wouldn't consider more binding variables available to the email template as a fix here.  As far as I can tell you can't put logic in the template to not send if all the variables are empty and nothing was transferred.  And I don't want to send an email saying User X left and they had nothing to transfer, I don't want to send anything at all in this case, which is probably 90% of the time.

We have discussed this issue wirh product team and saviynt technical team and they will be providing additional variable based on that client can decide whether to send email or not. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.