Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Organizations in Saviynt

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi all,

We are trying to explore Organizations in Saviynt. 

Apart from the documentations we would like to know practical use cases for Organizations. What does each Org Type denotes and how do they vary in terms of usage.

Can we maintain the Organizations in Saviynt based on Supervisory Organizations in Workday? 

Can we assign organizations to the user and will that automatically assign roles to them if that role is mapped to the Organizations? 

Can we manage Organizations automatically? create, update and delete them based on supervisory organizations within Workday.

Customer is looking to replicate the Supervisory Org Hierarchy in Saviynt in terms of role assignment using Organizations. This should allow you to maintain parent-child inheritance as well in Saviynt. 

Please advise. 

v23.1

6 REPLIES 6

mbinsale
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can refer to the below documentation links

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2022x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Man...

Also, we have a training available on our Training portal where you can learn about Organizations

Please refer to the training link below

https://saviynt.litmos.com/?C=5989211

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

All these documentations and training videos only talk about Organization type as Company for TPAG. We would like to know if Organization can be leveraged for Workday Supervisory Orgs as well. If yes, which type of organization type will be suitable for that.? Also can we automated role assignment based on Organization assignment to a user if role and org are mapped.? 

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Anyone has any idea on the above? @Manu269 @rushikeshvartak @Sivagami @avinashchhetri @sahajranajee @ejeong 

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In my use case, we created enterprise role with BR_DEP_${user.customproperty13} then you can use this in tech rule to assign enterprise role based on org from workday. 

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@ejeong I believe you mapped CP13 with the org from Workday and used the regular dynamic role assignment? Did you have role hierarchy as well based on supervisory organizations? I am trying to see if we can leverage Saviynt Organizations for this purpose. This is strictly a customer question.  

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Saviynt orgnization cant be used for org hirerachy.

I used one of custom property to consume entire org hirerachy for each user with comma seperator. Then use data processor or sav4sav to split them itto several custom properties. 

For example, org 3 goes to cp13, org 4 goes to cp14

Then tech rule will be triggered based on that..