Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Office 365 test connection

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

Hi experts ,
I am new to Office 365 connection integration with Saviynt.
i am integrating it using design module.
I have provided before parameters
Microsoft 365 Tenant ID
Microsoft 365 Domain
Microsoft 365 Client ID
Microsoft 365 Client Secret
Azure AD Tenant ID
Azure AD Client ID
Azure AD Client Secret

To test the connection i need to enter two more mandatory parameter
Microsoft 365 Agent URL
Microsoft 365 Agent Authentication Token

what is the significance of these two parameters and how do we get these?

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

10 REPLIES 10

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @SumathiSomala 

I would like to direct you to the following forum link for more comprehensive information on the topic at hand: Forum Link.

Additionally, I have attached the relevant documentation links for your reference, which provide detailed instructions and guidance:

1. Creating an Integration
  2. Using the Microsoft Office 365 Connector

These resources should provide you with valuable insights and assistance in your Office 365 integration with Saviynt. If you require any further support or have additional queries, please feel free to reach out.

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks @DixshantValecha 

When we try to configure using Design module we are unable to understand Microsoft 365 Agent URL & Microsoft 365 Agent Authentication Token fields as no info about these fields are given in document.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Thanks for the update we are internally checking on this and we will keep you posted.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @SumathiSomala,

Please find the information regarding Agent URL and Agent Auth token.

Microsoft 365 Agent URL:  This consists of the IIS server IP or hostname along with the port number where Agent Site has been configured in the IIS Manager.

Example: IIS Server IP Address: 3.18.17.34 (Hostname: saviyntdc001.saviyntlabs.com) and the Port where agent site is configured is 8080(http) or 8081(https) then,

Microsoft 365 Agent Authentication Token: It is a token that will authenticate the API resources through the above URL to make sure the request is coming from a trusted source. 
Note:-We are in discussion on "how to get token" part and will keep you posted on the same.

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks for the update @DixshantValecha 

Please post here once you get the update on Microsoft 365 Agent Authentication Token.

Also have doubt that Do we need to expose IIS servers to internet?

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Thanks for the update @SumathiSomala ,We will check and update you on this as well.

Hi @SumathiSomala It is recommended to have IIS Windows Server in the Customer/yours VPC only.

Aashish-Handa
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@SumathiSomala , @DixshantValecha  where did you get the Tenant ID on Sharepoint used for this integration?

We were able to generate the Client ID and secret, however can't see any such info on Tenant ID in the documentation or the Sharepoint portal.

Hi @Aashish-Handa 

Get Tenant ID from SharePoint Online Admin Center:

To get the tenant ID from SharePoint Online, follow these steps:

1. Login to your SharePoint Admin Center: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com
  2. From the SharePoint admin center, navigate to the App pages by Clicking on the “More features” link from left navigation >> Click on the “Open” button under “Apps”
  3. From the Apps page, click on the “More Features” >> “App Permissions” link. (URL shortcut: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/TA_AllAppPrincipals.aspx)
  4. The App Permissions Page lists all apps, display names, and app identifiers. In the “App Identifier” column, what we get after the @ symbol is our Office 365 Tenant ID. So, here in my case, the Tenant ID is “fa3d1825-7b1c-42c6-bbce-cxah5a6dd192”

SumathiSomala_2-1694453149915.png

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

Hi @Aashish-Handa,

Kindly follow the instruction mentioned by @SumathiSomala and let us know if further assistance is needed on the same.