Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

No account creation for users when calling createTicketJson for servicenow

Ibiza
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi,

We need to call custom servicenow endpoints that create  tickets whenever someone new joins the company.

We don't want to track progress of the servicenowticket as these are custom endpoints.

How to simply call the endpoints when someone joins?

I tried a technical rule with createAccount targeting a disconnected snow endpoint with a service desk connection.

That works, but the problem is that tasks are created for create account and if an admin completes the task, an account will be attached to the user. We don't want that.

We simply want to call the endpoint and forget about it.

How to achieve this, please?

2 REPLIES 2

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Ibiza ,

To perform a certain action on the target, a task is required as we perform the action based on the task and the json used in connection.

So in this case, to create a ticket, we would need a task to perform the action on target. 

However, let me check from my end to see if there is any way through which we can achieve this.

So as per my understanding, you're looking for a way to create ticket on custom servicenow endpoint without a create account task being provisioned and account being added to the user.

Please let me know if my understanding is right, if not, kindly elaborate.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Task is mandatory in order to create ticket. How will saviynt will track that its created from saviynt ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.