Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need Clarification on Dataset APIs

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I need to store an attribute value in a dataset and utilize that in the create/update user form. Additionally i need to sync data between the source and the dataset daily using a custom JAR to call Saviynt dataset APIs.

1. For uploading dataset value via CSV import through the API, I used uploadDatasetCSV through Postman. However, instead of replacing the entire value, it appended the CSV data to the existing dataset values. - Is this an expected behavior?
  2. If we want to perform dataset fresh import through the API, which one should we use?
  3. Are there any available Saviynt dataset APIs to add a single new entry into the existing dataset?
  4. If API - CSV upload for dataset fresh import isn't possible, is there any way to upload the CSV file directly in the Saviynt directory using the API? Additionally, if we are directly placing the file in the directory, is there a job available to trigger dataset fresh import?

Any leads/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

1. For uploading dataset value via CSV import through the API, I used uploadDatasetCSV through Postman. However, instead of replacing the entire value, it appended the CSV data to the existing dataset values. - Is this an expected behavior? Ideally it should replace
  2. If we want to perform dataset fresh import through the API, which one should we use? updateDatasetValues https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9XxwutWR#ca093d30-2d89-406e-9296-82d4f5a76110 
  3. Are there any available Saviynt dataset APIs to add a single new entry into the existing dataset?  try using updateDatasetValues --> if not exists it should create new one 
  4. If API - CSV upload for dataset fresh import isn't possible, is there any way to upload the CSV file directly in the Saviynt directory using the API? Additionally, if we are directly placing the file in the directory, is there a job available to trigger dataset fresh import? - This is not supported 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak - Thanks for your response.

I have verified this. With the updateDatasetValues, we can only update existing dataset values. However, if we attempt to add a new record that does not exist, this API does not take any action. 

You need to raise enhancement request on ideas portal for same.

For any desired improvements or enhancements to this process, Saviynt encourages you to submit your proposal through Saviynt's Ideas Portal at https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/

Your valuable input is crucial to shaping the evolution of Saviynt systems.

Please notify us once the idea ticket has been created.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak 
EIC-I-5554 & EIC-I-5555 has been created.

Thanks.

You can close the thread

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak