Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Manually add missing attributes in Savyint

gracieux12
New Contributor
New Contributor

After adding a user to the eDirectory, the attribute doesn't appear in Saviynt, even though the connection seems fine. We've noticed that other users do have all their attributes in Saviynt, as they were successfully pulled from eDirectory. It appears that Saviynt is subsequently deleting the access in eDirectory, as it initially displayed in Saviynt without that attribute.

Here's our theory: The user account that was suspended had the correct attribute, and when we created a new user account, it somehow failed to retrieve the last attribute we added in eDirectory. Is there a way to manually add this attribute in Saviynt? We want to add Custom Property 54 manually since it isn't get populated 

gracieux12_0-1715892803740.png

13 REPLIES 13

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can upload account attributes using csv import file

refer sample file https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter04-Application-Management-an...

use sample file

rushikeshvartak_2-1715909099347.png

rushikeshvartak_0-1715909028931.png

Click upload and preview

rushikeshvartak_1-1715909080715.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

gracieux12
New Contributor
New Contributor

can you do this just for one user even if we have the connection set up? 

Yes we can do

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

This is a connected application, and the connection is working fine for other users. Also, it is just one attribute is missing in Saviynt around within some account. They link you sent me was for a disconnected app 

It does not matter application is connected or disconnected you can use same sheet.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

gracieux12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Do you mind sharing your csv content that you did use here? I just want to see the format so I can make mine

I have already shared above

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

I'm still unclear. If a user account already exists and you want to update it by adding a missing attribute, how would you proceed?  Normally when clicking the user account and going to other attributes should give the option to update but it doesn't 

@gracieux12 try uploading that via file and add the missing attribute.

Make sure you are selecting the right attributes in mapping page.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

gracieux12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Somehow, the attribute did sync with eDirectory, allowing me to see Custom Property 54 pop up in Saviynt, but it got deleted again. We are experiencing this issue with other users who have this role when we add certain users to a group and assign them the attribute in eDirectory. After the job runs in Saviynt, it removes access to that attribute. Is there a way we can fix this?

You must have mapped cp54 in connector config and from target its coming as blank hence its removing. Fix data issue in target application 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Edirectory is the endpoint. Users are added to the target attribute, but sometimes this attribute appears in Saviynt, and sometimes it doesn't. Regardless of these instances, users are still removed from the role. What could be causing this issue?

Without looking configs - JSONs can't comment. it looks you are not storing required info in target

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak