Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Is it possible to create a Jira Ticket to a Connected Security System (Application)?

Saviynt_Savvy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

We actually have uploaded the Accounts, Groups, Roles and Projects of the Jira Application through a CSV file to a Security System.
We have imported the Users from the HRMS and have mapped these accounts based on Rules.

Here it is a DISCONNECTED APPLICATION and we are using the "Service Desk Connection" to create the Tickets in Jira.
Whenever the User needs access to a Role or Group he makes a request which will create a ticket in Jira through 'Create Ticket JSON' and once the ticket was closed in Jira, 'Ticket Status JSON' will import the Ticket status and the Access will be provisioned to the user.

Now if there are new Groups/Roles created in the Jira  and instead of adding them to the Disconnected Security System through a CSV file again, Is there a way using the same 'Service Desk Connection' I can add them to the Security System?
                                                                                     OR
I can use the Provisioning Connection and will make the security system as a Connected Application and will import the newly created Groups, Roles. But using the same connection I should be able to create the Ticket whenever a request was made for an access in the Security System.

Is any of the above 2 cases is valid or possible?

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Saviynt_Savvy ,

Greetings.

You can use the same connection used in service desk connection in the security system and import the groups. 

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use same connection as long as respective connection attribute are filled 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.