Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to send task creation email notification for provisioning owners of disconnected application

Akshatha
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi team,

We have a requirement to send email notification to provisioning owners of disconnected applications upon remove access or remove account task creation through certification. Is there any binding variable available to fetch task owner details in the 'Revoke Task Email Template' of Campiagn module ?

We observed that when task source is CERTIFICATION, Saviynt doesn't send email template configured at the endpoint level. It only tries to send the email configured in the campaign.

6 REPLIES 6

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Akshatha ,

You can use analytics to send an email in that case. Through analytics even you can get the task owner details and populate in email as well.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

Amit_Malik
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

You can also use ${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}} to find what binding variables are supported

If this doesnt have the binding variable you are looking for then not supported

Kind Regards,
Amit Malik
If this helped you move forward, please click on the "Kudos" button.
If this answers your query, please select "Accept As Solution".

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • This is known issue ( please raise support ticket for ussue)
  • workaround is create analytics report and send email to disconnected application team

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Akshatha
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Rushikesh,

What is the known issue ? Can you please elaborate ? Are you saying that we are unable to fetch task owner details in the 'Revoke Task Email Template' of Campiagn module ?  I do have a support ticket open for this one.

Alternatively, I tried to fetch the task owner details from analytics.

This is the query I used:

select u.username, u.username AS uname, ars.taskkey, ars.taskdate, ars.endpoint, ars.securitysystem, ars.source, (select email from users where userkey=ars.ownerkey) owneremail, (select username from users where userkey =ars. requestedby) requestedby, (select entitlement_value from entitlement_values ev where ev.entitlement_valuekey = ars.entitlement_valuekey)entitlement_value from arstasks ars, users u where ars.tasktype in (2,8) and ars.endpoint in ('337') and ars.source in ('CERTIFICATION') and ars.ownerkey != '1' and ars.status ='2'and u.userkey=ars.userkey

I tried to list down the binding variables available from this analytics in the email template. Here is what I got:

date = 2024-10-10 12:01:16
endpoint = null
totalRecords = 1
analyticsConfig = com.saviynt.ecm.analytics.AnalyticsConfigES : 1844
endpointDisplayName = null
baseUrlForEmail = https://release-n-plus-one.saviyntcloud.com/ECM
ownerEmail =
out = java.io.PrintWriter@4ddc0f2c
test
[date:2024-10-10 12:01:16, endpoint:null, totalRecords:1, analyticsConfig:com.saviynt.ecm.analytics.AnalyticsConfigES : 1844, endpointDisplayName:null, baseUrlForEmail:https://release-n-plus-one.saviyntcloud.com/ECM, ownerEmail:, out:java.io.PrintWriter@4ddc0f2c]

Looks like it is not fetching any value for ownerEmail. Let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Akshatha Bhat

SELECT 
    owner.username as USERNAME, 
    u.username as 'USERUSERNAME',
	u.username AS uname, 
    ars.taskkey, 
    ars.taskdate, 
    ars.endpoint, 
    ars.securitysystem, 
    ars.source, 
    owner.email AS owneremail, 
    requester.username AS requestedby, 
    ev.entitlement_value 
FROM 
    arstasks ars
LEFT JOIN 
    users u ON u.userkey = ars.userkey
LEFT JOIN 
    users owner ON owner.userkey = ars.ownerkey
LEFT JOIN 
    users requester ON requester.userkey = ars.requestedby
LEFT JOIN 
    entitlement_values ev ON ev.entitlement_valuekey = ars.entitlement_valuekey
WHERE 
    ars.tasktype IN (2,8) 
    AND ars.endpoint = '337' 
    AND ars.source = 'CERTIFICATION' 
    AND ars.ownerkey != '1' 
    AND ars.status = '2';

In Email template to keep ${userEmail}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Akshatha
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thank you Rushikesh, With this query and the binding variable, I am able to fetch the required details.